Sign in to follow this  

I found Cool bottle of Yamaha oil

I foudna case of this stuff for a really good price. I never noticed it on my dealers shelves.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/apparel/apscitemdetail/3/122/all/1/1579/detail.aspx

I suppose it does show some level of commitment towards the two stroke.

and yet my manual says to use something completely different. :)

Oil is so confusing anymore.

any idea on what the price is going to be? im sure rotella will still be cheaper but i would like to see what they are going to sell it for maybe it will be cheaper that gearsaver

shrubitup

you talkin about the yamalube?

Any oil but I suppose those that are better suited for the transmission specifically (gearsaver and the Yamalube product) could prolly stay in your transmission longer than the inexpensive lubricants (non-JASO MA certified, rotella, motorcraft diesel oil, etc.).

I foudna case of this stuff for a really good price. I never noticed it on my dealers shelves.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/apparel/apscitemdetail/3/122/all/1/1579/detail.aspx

I suppose it does show some level of commitment towards the two stroke.

Its probably rebottled Rotella T with purple food coloring !:)

On a serious note we should get the Cst rating on it and then do a comparison. Did you buy a box of it RC?

I bought a full case of it as it was 99 cents per quart.

List price is shown anywhere from 8.15 to 9.99 per quart.

I bought a full case of it as it was 99 cents per quart.

List price is shown anywhere from 8.15 to 9.99 per quart.

Talk about value!!!!!! :)

Lemme guess, you'll sell one quart for $4.99 plus shipping....

Sure..if I could add hazardous material charges and a recycling fee like everyone else!

Its probably that recycled oil sold at C stores for 99 cents per quart.

I lied before. I paid 1.99 per. It is strange to find a complete case as they are usually missing one bottle. Between that and the Joe Gibbs triple clamps, it was an interesting week.

I use Motul Transoil 10w-30 2stroke gearbox oil, I've never seen that yamalube at my dealer..

I think it might be new. I had never seen it before either. A net search showed it in other countries, but few dealer here showed it.

I believe they use a different scale to measure "gear oil" and regular motor oil. They end up being the same. Its just another way for the manufacturers to get even with us.

Or motul if you wanna use a quality oil :thumbsup:

The only topend I have ever siezed was while running Motul premix. :usa: Never fouled a single plug or any other problem while running either Amsoil premix or engine oil.