Sign in to follow this  

Hotcams have never had a stage 2 cam for DRZ

I asked Hotcams for their stage 2 cams and their answer was : "We have NEVER had a stage 2 cam for that machine (DRZ). We used to offer a stage 1 set of cams that had a slightly more aggressive profile than the current ones." :banghead: :banghead: :)

What's happening? I have read so much about stage 2 Hotcams and until 2 days before i still believed that i had them too.

I asked Hotcams for their stage 2 cams and their answer was : "We have NEVER had a stage 2 cam for that machine (DRZ). We used to offer a stage 1 set of cams that had a slightly more aggressive profile than the current ones." :banghead: :banghead: :)

What's happening? I have read so much about stage 2 Hotcams and until 2 days before i still believed that i had them too.

:foul::p

phone moneys kill me.

the person you talked to has no clue.

I asked him again if he was sure about that and he told me : "That is correct and I can guarantee you that we have never offered a “stage 2” set of cams for that machine. What is happening is that the old cams had a more aggressive profile than the newer style cam…….as a result people started referring to them as stage 2 cams and to the general public it has stuck." :)

Hotcams has never offered a stage 2 set of cams for the DRZ 400. if you look at the old cam part number.....it ends in a "-1". this indicates the stage, which would be a stage 1 cam. the profile was more aggressive and the exhaust cam did not have an auto decompression.

Hotcams has never offered a stage 2 set of cams for the DRZ 400. if you look at the old cam part number.....it ends in a "-1". this indicates the stage, which would be a stage 1 cam. the profile was more aggressive and the exhaust cam did not have an auto decompression.

that may be true, but if i recall there was a time when both cams were available & even hotcams was referring to the old ones as stage 2

tony tice still work there?

you guys most definatley refered to them as stg 1 and 2.

no one put that label on them but hotcams themselves!

I was wanting to purchase some hot cams but what,s their problem??? :usa:

Not exactly confidence inspiring info here. :thumbsup:

I was wanting to purchase some hot cams but what,s their problem??? :moon:

Not exactly confidence inspiring info here. :smirk:

Because of a misunderstanding, you don't want to buy their cams?:thumbsup: It's your opinion and nobody can force you to change it!:D But i should say that i have already purchased an intake cam :lol: , their +5mm stroker crank with stroker piston :usa: , wheel bearings :busted: and i am going to get cylinder works BB kit when they will release the new 94mm stroker piston!:lol:

it was even listed int he catalogs as stg 1 and 2.

originally there was just stg 1.that became stg 2 when they released the current stg 1.

no one made up the stg 2 deal besides hotcams themselves!

its not a misunderstanding.that is how it was.

it was even listed int he catalogs as stg 1 and 2.

originally there was just stg 1.that became stg 2 when they released the current stg 1.

no one made up the stg 2 deal besides hotcams themselves!

its not a misunderstanding.that is how it was.

what he said. I Conker, I have the old stage 2's that were called stage 1 at 1st, then the New stage 1's came out and then the old stage 1 turned into stage 2's then stage 2's got discontinued. that was about 4 years or so ago, only the less aggressive newer stage 1 aval. now:bonk:

Sorry but my english aren't so good, probably the word "misunderstanding" wasn't proper, but i didn't mean that you misunderstood them. Anyway, is so important if it was stage 2 or older stage 1? I don't believe that you will change your opinion for them because of this.

Sorry but my english aren't so good, probably the word "misunderstanding" wasn't proper, but i didn't mean that you misunderstood them. Anyway, is so important if it was stage 2 or older stage 1? I don't believe that you will change your opinion for them because of this.

because you came here and made a post stating that the stg 2 never existed.

it did. im not guessing.

i dont care if i change any ones opinion.