Sign in to follow this  

Xt 250??

I'm going to look at an 83'/84' ? XT250. Owner says it ran last year when put in the basement. Has no lights Asking $250. I think the price is about right, any thoughts or things to look for? Can you hop these up like I heard from older TT250's, cams, piston kits , maybe a big bore and exhaust? I think I'll put lights on it and ride it around town. I think my Ke 100 is just too small. :)

1984 was the last year of the XT250. In 1985 it was bored out to become the XT350. Mods for that bike could work.

Compared to the KE100, it's gonna seem like a screamer. No more need to ride the clutch on take off.

Price is right.

If it runs, you're good to go, the rest is easy, although you may need to buy a wiring harness since some people's idea of removing lights uses liberal pruning of excess copper wight.

And I have a KE100 which is a good little bike for all it's shortcomings.

Well because of its age I don't need a title 15yrs and older. I can get away with using arm signals so just need a headlight , squeeze horn, working tail/brake light, one of those all in one enduro rear fenders will work. Yeah he said it ran last year , so I'll bring a plug to check for spark and if got compression should run. Yeah I'm not sure about the ke100 down the road with a big guy like me so I think a little thumper to put around town would be cool. None of these bikes will surprise me like my CRF450 lmao.

well i went to check it out. He got it running!! runs decent, but could use a carb cleaning and valve adjustment kind of noisey. Is kind of rough though, can't tell how much of wiring is left. The usually stuff, some dents in tank, brake and shift levers are bent. greasy too. Also it is an 81'?? not 84' says on tag 7/81'. I told him I'd think about it, was going to offer $200 to his price of $250, is a yard bike at best right now.

the 81 is still a pretty good bike. they just have exh rocker/cam lube issues. brother has 3 motors and 2 frames. he is almost ready to put the 82 one back on the road if he ever gets some time to do it.

warrior quad top ends will fit on the lower end it does involve some case machining. but you end up with a little over 300 cc. you can then get crazy have it bored and stroked. to about 430 to 450ccs the only shop I have talked to recently is Micky Dunlops four stroke tech you might get him to stroke your crank and get his piston bore kit. it aint cheap but it is reasonable for what is done.