Hey VDR Pete

Do you think VDR should add the cork screw for the April HS?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think VDR should add the cork screw for the April HS?

• Add the Corkscrew
    • Don't add the cork screw

I have an idea for the back area. I think it would be sweet to see this in the next HS.

corkscrew-2.jpg

The white area is 10' wide and the shaded area non riding lane is at minimum 8' wide in between the riding lane. When you measure the center line the distance from start to finish is 2,274'

I could come out to help lay out the lines if you would like.

This offer goes for any of the local tracks I just thought that VDR has the biggest free riding area.

?:crazy::banghead: You're making me dizzy! That would be cool, IF everyone could stay within the lines. :banghead:

You may need to double those specs though.

It's just something that I threw together. It can be changed pretty easily. I really didn't know how much room it would need.

I saw this design in a dirt bike mag a few years ago and have been dreaming about it ever sense. I think it would be so much fun.

I think it was, I couldn't remember the name of the race. I kept wanting to say Jumping Cow but I knew that wasn't it...

How are ya Bri?

I'm doing good...same ol' thing different day. Just racin' a little Supermoto and trying to keep it on two wheels in the process.

How are things with you? I saw you made the trip down to Texas.

I'm doing good...same ol' thing different day. Just racin' a little Supermoto and trying to keep it on two wheels in the process.

How are things with you? I saw you made the trip down to Texas.

Glad to hear you're back on the bike. Still cringe every time I see that Pikes Peak vid!

Yea, Texas is one of my favs and this years race was awesome. Having elbow surgery here in a few weeks and needed to get some riding done beforehand so I don't get the DT's too bad..

What you saw was called an escargot course. Here's Destry Abbott doing it. I know there's one of Kurt Caselli but I couldn't find that one.

Would be fun to implement but may be a little crazy with 100 or so riders

I was talking about that this weekend with some friends and it would probably be wise to have the race skip this the 1st lap to give the field a little time to spread out. That 1st lap would be very hectic and if some one went down in the middle of it, it would be very difficult to get to them for help.

i would add something.... start wider on the outsides and get smaller as you get closer to the middle. people would work themselves into a line by that point.... and maybe some rollers on the outside entry/exit. like on the first outside loop! the switchback should almost be single track i think. cool thought though... i just see that i may need to be a bit bigger going into this than 10ft.

In case you didn't pick up on it. You reride the same course coming out as when you went in. That is what I meant by the remark it would be a little hectic. Sound like something for that show wipeout.

The one that I drew up has two routes. The blue is in and the Red is out or what ever you prefer.

But the one in your video was only one way.