Sign in to follow this  

Vent tube - head to airbox remove??

On a 2008 TE250, is it worth it to remove the vent hose from the head to the airbox? Should this be capped or redirected to outside?

You can move it to an outside location, just make sure you put a filter on it. DON'T cap it, it's there for a reason, your engine needs to breathe.

Best left alone it's a good system. Your motor needs to breathe. Other than fitting getting loose in the rocker cover, easily fixed by cleaning and using som JB weld and bonding it back in. When diong this look at clocking it to around the 7 oclock position makes for a smoother gradual bend on the hose, also reduces the chance of kinking the hose. They will get harder in time so replace them. Later George

Like George said, I epoxied the 90* elbow in the valve cover as it was a bit sloppy loose. I also did not relocate the line... instead keeping it directed to the carb inlet boot. I did replace the stock rubber hose with thin-wall s/st. tubing because the hose had a hole in it from rubbing the bolthead on the top-end oil feed line. (Excessive heat also played a part).

Dave