Sign in to follow this  

TT500F fork rebuild help

Does anyone have any pics or links on the fork rebuild,they are different than my 78 ones so a bit confused.Its the bottom end bit i mixed the parts up and dont know the order they go back in.There is a spacer/washer and it could go either way but different on each side.:)

Here is some pictures,anyone know the order??????????????????? Iam sure the washer/spacer went out side the fork stantion,but not sure if it went after the alloy tube or before and which way round.

100_0002-3.jpg

100_0001-2.jpg

Here is some pictures,anyone know the order??????????????????? Iam sure the washer/spacer went out side the fork stantion,but not sure if it went after the alloy tube or before and which way round.

100_0002-3.jpg

100_0001-2.jpg

Hi, slide the spring onto the bar then the bar and spring through the top of the inner tube until it comes out the bottom of the inner tube then slide the alloy cap with the narrow end onto the bar first. Now slide the washer on to the allow cap, make sure that the flat side of the washer goes on first "on the flate side there should be a small lip in the centre where the circlip that is on the allow cap can sit into once the washer is on" and the other side of the washer that has a large lip around it would slide on last.

Then the bolt and copper washer to fix it to the outer tube!

you won't find the assembly in any manual.

If you haven,t pulled out the oil seal yet then be very carefull because you can f**k the inside of the outter tube very easerly.

Many thanks, getting the stantions re hard chromed but is the insert in the bottom of stantion suposed to come out or is it part of it.

Many thanks, getting the stantions re hard chromed but is the insert in the bottom of stantion suposed to come out or is it part of it.

when I re chrome my inner tubes I leave it in there, might need a speical tool to pull it out.