Who wants to ride this week-end (the 21st)?

Wheeler MX is open!

I'm thinking Saturday on the assumption that it is supposed to rain Sunday but I am flexible either way. Anybody care to join me?

Barring lots of rain, I bet most other tracks will be open next week-end!!!!!

Wheeler MX is open!

I'm thinking Saturday on the assumption that it is supposed to rain Sunday but I am flexible either way. Anybody care to join me?

Barring lots of rain, I bet most other tracks will be open next week-end!!!!!

What!!!???

You gotta be kidding me!!!???

My CRF's suspension is in PA, and you (guys) are riding without :banghead: me?

Plus, my trailer axle is pulled apart !

Oh sure...BE THAT WAY !

If I get (a new axle?) for the trailer, and finish up the WR, I COULD ? have a bike by Saturday !

Doubt it, but maybe...???

If I can get my rear wheel laced/trued and put my rear shock together by Friday, I will be in. I cracked my rim sometime/somehow this winter on one of the jumps on the lake. ?:banghead:

Cool! I really don't want to ride alone (and get hurt) like I did a few years ago there. Good luck on that wheel!

Matt, What time are you looking at for Saturday's ride ?

It looks like my 4" drop axle may not happen (this year?). I picked up my new brgs at Northern Tool last night.

We are VERY BUSY here @ work. Sneaking away for a bit to wrench or swim was easy. Now, I have to squeeze in my lunch when I can. Hopefully, I can accomplish something good today.

Still no word back from MX-Tech...(???) ?

Matt, What time are you looking at for Saturday's ride ?:

I'd like to go fairly early as I have a birthday party to go to Sat night. Hopefully the weather holds out. I can go Sunday instead if it's better than Saturday weather-wise.

I'd like to go fairly early as I have a birthday party to go to Sat night. Hopefully the weather holds out. I can go Sunday instead if it's better than Saturday weather-wise.

Sunday I am packing food for starving kids somewhere.

I got my wheel laced and trued tonight, rebuilt my shock, and re-jetted; I should be ready to rock this weekend!! :banghead:

Still no word back from MX-Tech...(???) ?

If you are just getting them rebuilt next year and you have a place to do it, I would recommend doing them yourself. Neither shocks or forks are very hard to rebuild, it just takes a little time and makes a mess.

If you are just getting them rebuilt next year and you have a place to do it, I would recommend doing them yourself. Neither shocks or forks are very hard to rebuild, it just takes a little time and makes a mess.

Jordan, I have rebuilt KYB's & Showa's several times, and my OHLINS once (the OHLINS btw, have very impressive internals, and allow a very easy ENTIRE disassembly >> shim stacks). This year, God willing a safe, enjoyable riding season for me, I want to change oil mid season on both ends. I have NEVER pulled a shock apart, but plan on it this year !

I will be chatting with you at that time for pointers!

A local guy re-valved both ends January 08 and really messed up my suspension, and severely undersprung both ends. It appears he compensated with very stiff valving.

I rode Matts 450 at Meadow-Jump City-Valley. Matt's Mack Truck springs (GREAT for Matt's A-Class Speed!!!) were less abusive to my wrists than my suspension. I was bummed to say the least. I put the stock springs back in & had to back my forks cmprsn clickers all the way OUT to re-gain a better ride. Because I waited a very long time since the intiail re-valve in January 08 (made worse when I broke my knee cap last April) I was not expecting suspension guy to do much about "FREE Adjustments". I was also very hesitant anyway because of his initial choice of spring rates for me. And, with the stock springs back in, my bike became rideable.

More precisely, I just blew it off and rode my bike.]

With the valving all messed up, I felt sending my suspension to my friend, John Curea at MX-Tech was a wise decision.

John will be phoning me on Monday and we will be discussing spring rates and what should suit me best.

Man, I'd totally go but:

a) too busy with work and plan to head to the office tomorrow

? going to the Wild game on Sunday, so that day is out of the question

c) KTM suspension is currently in CA, however the YZ would work just fine as the backup

d) trailer is still up north sleeping for the winter

Have fun!

Well, what time are we meeting up?

I no longer have the brown Suburban, I will be rolling in a blue, double cab, Chevy Silverado.

I am out.

I was asked, "Did you forget about our plans on Saturday...???"

Uh...Yeah...???