Sign in to follow this  

Fastener Sizes

I looked up the oem guides to see if they showed fastener size but they only give an oem part no. and all i can find on here is that they're M8 which i'm also looking for confirmation.. can someone please let me know what the lengths of the bolts are for the body panels only..

The tank shrouds = M? x ?

The short side panel bolts = M? x ?

The long side panel bolts = M? x ?

I believe there are only 3 different sizes.. i am about to head to the hardware store because my last fastener holding my exhaust side cover just fell out this morning hahahha they stay there pretty well considering there isn't a fastener there.

thanks for the input!

Kyle

They are not 8mm threads. They are 6mm threads with 8mm hex heads. Some models use large pan heads or truss heads (Phillips drive). Hardware store bolts will probably only be available with standard Pan and/or 10mm hex.

Short shroud bolts are 12mm length.

Side pannel bolts are 16mm length

Seat bolts are 20mm length

They are not 8mm threads. They are 6mm threads with 8mm hex heads. Some models use large pan heads or truss heads (Phillips drive). Hardware store bolts will probably only be available with standard Pan and/or 10mm hex.

Short shroud bolts are 12mm length.

Side pannel bolts are 16mm length

Seat bolts are 20mm length

Thank you very much for the timely reply, i will be leaving in about 5 mins to pick that stuff up thanks again!

If anybody cares.. i got some down at a specialty fasteners store.. to ensure good selection and ended up getting black socket head cap screws they're going to look great! haha can't wait to LOC TITE those bad boys on this time