Sign in to follow this  

need whiteknuckle info.

having trouble finding out any info on it. do you have to be a nma member to run in the event? is there an evening poker run? how much endurocross style stuff if in the course? can i get away with running the event on my xr400 or should i borrow my buddies kdx250? does the c class only run the short course? thanx for any help:ride:

having trouble finding out any info on it. do you have to be a nma member to run in the event? is there an evening poker run? how much endurocross style stuff if in the course? can i get away with running the event on my xr400 or should i borrow my buddies kdx250? does the c class only run the short course? thanx for any help:ride:

Here is the direct link: http://stumpjumpers.org/2009/01/03/2009-white-knuckle-march-28th/

No you do not have to be a NMA member to race but are highly encouraged to become one.

No poker run for this event. While at the stumpjumper website, browse the past Whiteknuckle event from 2 yrs ago to get an idea of what is in store for you.

C class is short course and bring the bike that you feel best on for higher speeds.

Here is the direct link: http://stumpjumpers.org/2009/01/03/2009-white-knuckle-march-28th/

No you do not have to be a NMA member to race but are highly encouraged to become one.

No poker run for this event. While at the stumpjumper website, browse the past Whiteknuckle event from 2 yrs ago to get an idea of what is in store for you.

C class is short course and bring the bike that you feel best on for higher speeds.

If it's like any of the vids, bring a bike you can pick up, lift over logs, etc :)

Hey there I was also wondering what it's supposed to be like. Im getting the impression a motocross bike should be geared up quite a bit, I have a yz250 and it has zero top speed as of now.

Hey there I was also wondering what it's supposed to be like. Im getting the impression a motocross bike should be geared up quite a bit, I have a yz250 and it has zero top speed as of now.

Gear up:banana:

Gear up:banana:

Yup, the only time you'll need 2nd gear would be the start and enduro-cross section, everything else, you'll be reaching for 6th and 7th gear and wishing you had them! ..stopped by there today after helping at the dez 100 site. It was raining off/on on Sat and HARD on Sunday leaving the ground in super condition.

Cool cool, I really hate grabing for gears that arent there but oh well.. Sounds like fun, Im keeping my fingers crossed for no dust!

I would go up a tooth on the front sprocket.

Ummm...:thumbsup::usa:

You bringing a spare filter this time...."just in case" :lol:

Yup, the only time you'll need 2nd gear would be the start and enduro-cross section, everything else, you'll be reaching for 6th and 7th gear and wishing you had them! ..stopped by there today after helping at the dez 100 site. It was raining off/on on Sat and HARD on Sunday leaving the ground in super condition.

Last time i couldn't pull top gear in most of the silt. Hopefully not the case this time.

Last time i couldn't pull top gear in most of the silt. Hopefully not the case this time.

That should not be a problem this year with the race being in the spring instead of the end of summer. There has been lots of rain in Odessa and the ground is moist and firm. It will be epic.

how long is the short course?

It is as many laps as you can get in a hour and a half race. For actual mileage of loop, have not heard.