Sign in to follow this  

name of stock bend on xr650L

I looked around a little here but didn't see the exact answer.

Does anyone know what if any popular handlebar "named bends" the "stock" xr650L handlebars are?

I recently bent my stockers. I replaced them with cr-hi bends ... but my body tells me they are not the same ... and they didn't look quite the same. It seems to me the stock bars had more sweep than cr-hi's. I kinda miss the stock bar to tell ya the truth ... it was a little low when off roading but I think it was more comfortable when droning down the highway sitting on the commute to work.

I love cr-hi's on my pure dirt bikes ... but the need to "sit" for long periods actually seems to change the needs of your handlebar bend quite a bit. Off roading we stand 80% of the time.

What are the stock bars? Are they cr-lo,cr-mid ,cr-hi ... xr650L bend? lol

I don't know what "bend" they are, but you are correct about the CR high bends ebing different. They aren't as swept back and are a little higher that the stockers.

If you want to go back to stock, I would suggest searching Ebay. I usually see a couple of stock bars on there every time I look.

I have a set of stock ones laying around, but I'm holding on to all the stock stuff I've taken off just in case I ever have to sell it I'd turn it back into stock.

Someone else on here just might have a set they can offer you.

Bend-O-matic:thumbsup:

:) ya. My "don't crash" technique had been working great for 2 years, but unfortunately they had to earn their name.

shoot ill give you my stockers if you like them that much LOL i can always try and measure them also if you do want to get some aftermarkets???

shoot ill give you my stockers if you like them that much LOL i can always try and measure them also if you do want to get some aftermarkets???

how do you measure them? Put them in a vice and use a big straight edge?

There's only 2 measurements right:

rise, and sweep.

Heck ya, if someone could measure them I'd be really curious. I'm not so much interested in getting the "stock" bars, as understanding what shape they were in the interests of shopping for something similar.

I'm in the bay area, I'll pm ya, see if we are close enough to consider swapping beers for bars. or is that beers come from bars ... or , wait, I'm all confused now.

4 or 5 specs, nope 3 and heres wha they are http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handlebarinfo.do

width, height, sweep, and place on flat table and held upright you can get sweep.

nice link. Interesting the cr-hi's are already among the bars with the greatest sweep, looks like only the rm-high has more.

Maybe it's all in my head. Just need to get used to them.

Here's something weird I thought I might add ...

I have two sets of bars that are both CR Hi-Bend made by different manufacturers, one set is made by Factory 909 and the other set is made by Renthal. I've compared the two sets, and the Renthals are a little flatter and shorter than the Factory 909's. I ended up installing the Factory 909 bars because they had more "real estate" to install all my switches and gadgets on.

You'd think that all CR Hi-Bend bars would be exactly the same, but there appears to be minor differences ... at least between Factory 909 ones and Renthals. :):banghead:

Some manufacturers also list a "rise" spec for their bars in addition to the standard width, height, and sweep. The rise is the upward angle of the bar ends when the bar is centered in the clamps. Think of the grip location and having then tipped upwards as opposed to being perfectly flat across (as they look if you rotate the centerline of the bars way forward in the clamp).

IMO opinion no matter how you look at it the stock XR bend is one of the worst ever made. Massive sweep that almost forces you to ride towards the rear of the bike and prohibts a more aggressive riding position. When buying my XRs in the past I changed the handlebar as soon as I got them home from the dealer.

4 or 5 specs, nope 3 and heres wha they are http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handlebarinfo.do

width, height, sweep, and place on flat table and held upright you can get sweep.

I hate to say that's probably insufficient to locate both ends of a 6-inch long piece of pipe in 3-space, but sufficient if everyone uses the same specs.

It leaves out any pullback that could be put in just off the clamps (the pullback spec looks like it measures from where the bar finishes its rise from the clamps), doesn't relate the vertical angle, anything else?

Dave

nice link. Interesting the cr-hi's are already among the bars with the greatest sweep, looks like only the rm-high has more.

Maybe it's all in my head. Just need to get used to them.

sweep LOL i fell in love with 686 bend, there like crhi with like NO sweep, i like the bars more straight for offroad, think they have only 15mm sweep LOL ther elike drag bars!!

Some manufacturers also list a "rise" spec for their bars in addition to the standard width, height, and sweep.

yeah i thought it was 4 specs, but when i found that site i stopped LOL

I forgot the golden rule when putting handlebars on:

buy a whole bunch of cheap steel versions of the different bends until you find one you like, THEN buy the expensive aluminum.

you'd think someone would make an adjustable handlebar ... they are so close with the things like the "flexx" handlebars, they've basically got all the doohickey points needed to add an adjuster for sweep and rise it seems to my untrained eye.