Sign in to follow this  

Engine Rebuild On 05 Exc525

I 'm doing a rebuild on my bike looking for some information on the best set up

I'm installing the hard parts big bore piston and cylinder that i bought used from a shop going out of business.I also have two stroker cranks to sell.

Was also wondering what i should do to the head while it's apart and the best jet kit for this set up.Is anyone else having trouble with the counter shaft stripping or it could be me i have street tires also and switch back and forth maybe to much traction on the street with michelin pilot slicks.Most of my riding is tight trails with some fire roads at sea level to 3000 any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

I do head and carb work, occasionally a complete engine. That engine should not be run on pavment without a cush drive rear wheel and without converting the main bearings to ball bearings!! The roller bearing it has stock will turn to junk in short order on asphalt!

Maybe we can make a deal trading engine, head & carb work for one of those cranks

Davehopkins@windermere.com

Since it's only been two days since your post, I'm wondering if you might be able to get a measurement for me off of your clutch input shaft.

I'm trying to modify my 2000 520 exc shaft and I need to find someone that has their motor apart to get a measurement location where the two half washers set on this shaft.

Thanks, Randy