Sign in to follow this  

2009 Baja SAE Oregon needs your help

There will be an event at Washougal MX Park on May 8-10 that needs local rider support. SAE (Society of Automotive Engineering) hosts annual design competitions called Baja where college students design, build, and test single seat off-road vehicles (think Honda Pilot).

The Oregon Section needs your help to staff this event:

May 8 is the static events at Portland Expo Center. We need design and sales judges, as well as general help.

May 9 is the dynamic events at Washougal MX. Acceleration, Hill Climb, Maneuverability, and Rock Crawl.

May 10 is the 4 hour endurance race that we need 125 course marshals to staff. These are students and not professional racers so we need additional support to make this event safe.

Besides the good feeling of supporting engineering education, you get access to one of the neatest MX parks around, food, and a t-shirt for helping on Sunday.

Please consider helping out. Go to http://bajasaeoregon.com/volunteers/ for more info on how to sign up. Then tell a buddy to sign up as well.

Thanks!

Ryan Jefferis

Technical/Safety Chief

2009 Baja SAE Oregon

I'll be there. Of course, I was already going to be there :)

Needs a picture, here's the closest one I have. OSU's car from a couple of years ago.

baja2007001.jpg

Joe B

We are still way short on people to make this event happen. Please consider taking a day or 3 to help us out. Besides helping out with fun off road vehicles, this is a chance to spend some quality time at the best MX National Park in the NW!

Good traffic here (I see over 100 reads)...now we just need to turn in more committed bodies!

RMJ

I can't make it but I want to recommend it to everyone! You'll have a ton of fun and get to see some great (and bad) cars beating the snot out of themselves designed by students.

For those of you that are a part of SAE there are opportunities to be a judge at this event each year.

WARNING Shameless plug following this sentence:

http://wwusaebaja.com/

Let me clarify, you do not need to be an SAE member to help out. You just gotta love off-road cars, Washougal, engineering education, or any combination of those!

Keep the volunteer signups coming, we need the numbers! Did I mention you get a free t-shirt and lunch?