Sign in to follow this  

ttr-125 Frame ?'s

Hey I have a 2006 ttr-125. I have started jumping but dont have the $ to buy the BBR frame cradel. I wanted to know if any of you have cracked you frame or have stress marks, and where they are. Pictures would help. THANKS!

If your going to jump a TTR 125 I'd get a cradle .I've taken big jumps on a ttr but wouldn't recomend it. I have seen busted cases and frames I have a case right now thats has the front engin mount cracked and rear mount out of round pretty good not mine someone elses doing . I have personaly busted the main drive axel shaft on a big jump once.So jumping a ttr even with a cradle your taking a risk of engin damage due to the stress of the chain on the sprocket and the main drive axel shaft . Not mention the possible engin case damage to the engin and frame.

Like I said I wouldn't recomend jumping a ttr 125 if taken care of a ttr will last a long time with a lil luck. I have five motors and one of the motors that has over 70,000 miles on it and it's like new my ttr frame has more than that . It has been road 8 - 10,000 miles a year some years more. Just a good guess on miles compairing to othe bikes I have that have trip meters and the ttr gets more miles then they do . But I do compleat tear downs every 1 ride -3 rides about 8- 24 hours of run time on all of my ttr motors.

A frame cradle is a must if you ride the bike hard, even if you're light...not just for protecting the frame from stretching, but because that little piece of plastic they come with factory that Yamaha has impersonating a "skid plate" will protect the cases from the occasional small stone thrown from the front tire at best.

You will likely find that you will have to use a prybar or ratchet strap to get the holes lined up when installing the cradle....this just means you were already stretching things out a bit.

I would recommend a cradle and massive frame gusseting. I broke my frame just about in half. It was one lap short of being in half before I caught it.