Good Shop Manual 2006 250X?

I have been looking around at a good shop manaul for my 2006 250X and I was trying to find a clymer, but I can't seem to find one.. anyone else have one that is good?

You can either buy one from Honda or just download the free PDF from their site. www.ahm-ownerlink.com. You may need to register on the site first. It's free and it also has a service log and other handle tools. They also advise you of any recalls through the site.

You can either buy one from Honda or just download the free PDF from their site. www.ahm-ownerlink.com. You may need to register on the site first. It's free and it also has a service log and other handle tools. They also advise you of any recalls through the site.

You're thinking of the owners manual, which is FAR less detailed than the Service Manual.

Don't buy anything but the official Honda Service Manual. They are well-written, have great pictures, and include correct specifications, tolerances, and special tool part numbers. Any aftermarket manual is second-hand information.

I made an account on both websites but when I try to look at the service manual, it says I need to register on the HRCA clubhouse first. Which I already did... It will let me look at the owners manual but not the service manual...

The owners manual, does show a lot of maintenance procedures, it is nearly an inch thick.... but the shop manual shows area of the bike.

ATV/Trail bike owners manuals show little more than where the oil drain plug is. I've bought factory service manuals for every bike/ATV I own, but I never bought a race bike before. When I bought my CRF250X and CR125R (same month) I discovered that the race bikes owner's manuals are so comprehensive that I actually regretted spending the $50 (x2) for the service manuals - there's pretty much nothing in them that isn't in the owners manuals, with the exception of an engine bottom-end tear-down, which I hope to never have to do. 'Course, the 250X manual would ordinarly be useless, being an off-road machine, but I guess it leverages off of the 250R.

JayC

Do I have to be a member of the club house? I am a member of the HRCA site but are they two different accounts...?

They label it as Owners Manual. Hit the Owners Manual link and you should have no problem. You will see that the Owner's Manual and Service Manual are the same. If you're still having trouble, p.m. me your email address and I can send it to you.