Sign in to follow this  

XR handguards on CRF450x

I like the stock XR650R handguards. I saw once a photo of a 450x with the XR handguards and then someone sasid that one side is from a 650R and the other from a 400.

Anyone here has experience fitting XR hanguards on the 450X?

I put them on mine. The right one bolts right on if you get the bolt for the 650. I don't remember which one I got for the left side. All I remember is looking at a XR650L and XR650R in the showroom and ordering what I thought would work. I had to modify the left bolt to make it work. The guard has to be thick enough on the left side to go over the clutch lever and the hot start lever. I think I got whichever guard that was on the bike that had a decompression lever maybe?

Metal450002.jpg

I put them on mine. The right one bolts right on if you get the bolt for the 650. I don't remember which one I got for the left side. All I remember is looking at a XR650L and XR650R in the showroom and ordering what I thought would work. I had to modify the left bolt to make it work. The guard has to be thick enough on the left side to go over the clutch lever and the hot start lever. I think I got whichever guard that was on the bike that had a decompression lever maybe?

Metal450002.jpg

That would be the 650R. The decomp lever on the 650R is in the same location as the hot start lever on a 450. The perches are different in the fact that the adjuster threading is different to account for the quick adjust feature on the 450s.