Sign in to follow this  

RM 125 Project complete..Pics!

Well, its complete as far as pictures are concerned...still needs the fork seals and carb tuned in...otherwise, Just finished putting on the last few parts and by the time you read this i should be ripping up some dirt :)

Final cost:

Bike- 750

Piston Kit- 91

Air filter- 9

Rear tube- 9

Rear tire- Free!!

Carb hose- 6

Fork seals- 14

Wheel bearings- 24

Rear fender- 19

New seat- 82

20 plus hours of elbow grease- priceless

Grand total thus far= $1004, not too bad for a 03 with a 134 kit, v-force reeds and rg3 susp,

Im sure there is a few others that will come after the first real ride but its ready for now!!

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

^thanks, i just rode it in the woods and a open field for about thirty and it rips!! im pretty happy with it so far!!

Here is the before in case you guys didnt see what a turd it was!

IMG_1487.jpg

That was a very quick makeover, but it looks great! You should post some before pics for others to see what it looked like before.

where you at in indiana?

I'm in Brownsburg. It is a little town west of Indianapolis. Where are you in Illinois? I have some relatives around the galesburg and henderson areas.

im in carbondale, its towards the southern end...you ever make the trip over to Lincoln Trail MX park in Casey IL?

Someday I might go to that park, but so far I haven't been able to. My dad went to Southern Illinois for college, so maybe I can sucker him into drving around carbondale sometime to go riding.

lincoln trail is prob not very far from you if you by indy, its two and a half hours north of me...it deff a cool place, great mx track, euro grass track and about 300 acres of trails...they got a website if you google it

Did you grease the swingarm, linkage, and steering stem bearings?

^ swingarm and linkage yes, steering stem no, honestly i never grease the steering stem bearings in any of my bikes!! haha i have never had any problems either, maybe its just luck...i just dont see how it needs greased as much as the high movement bearings