Sign in to follow this  

Dmaper problem

I was rebuilding my forks, changed all the packings on the fork damper cartridge bolt, stuck it in, now the rod sucks in, will not extend, ended up changing packings 2 times and swaping bolts. everything works but that one bolt. Something other then packings? anyone have any ideas?

2004 CRF 250

180 damper

400 tubes

5w

seal at the bottom of the cartridge?

you can buy the complete bolt for a reasonable price.

yes i would too, but if you have replaced the seals and it still does it, what else can you do, there is not much to the assembly, 2 o rings, one inner seal and a spring...have you checked the operation of the check plate on the back of the piston? as then it would not allow oil to flow back.

sucking back the rod is caused by worn/missing o-rings of piston/floating piston and/or worn floating piston seal.

If you have this phenomenon just after changing the seal, could it be that you installed the seal the wrong way?

sucking back the rod is caused by worn/missing o-rings of piston/floating piston and/or worn floating piston seal.

If you have this phenomenon just after changing the seal, could it be that you installed the seal the wrong way?

If you change the seal on the floating piston, take the bushings and oring off and heat the piston. I heated mine in the oven at about 300. If you dont heat the piston, you will have a vary hard time getting the out.

thanks for all the inputs guys, i went out and started to mess with it, got mad! ended up ordering a new assy. It pains me to be dumping money into this bike when I just want one more season out of it but... oh well got to pay to play.