Sign in to follow this  

Leatt Brace worn with Body armor?

Does anyone know how a leatt brace will fit with say a full body armor jacket - TLD speed suit, pressure suit, etc. Will the brace hit on the back plates or the shoulders?

I have a LEatt with the Alpinestars full upper body suit and it works just fine....you just have to make sure you slide the back part of the leatt UNDER the spine protection on the body armor.

Good luck:ride:

I have a LEatt with the Alpinestars full upper body suit and it works just fine....you just have to make sure you slide the back part of the leatt UNDER the spine protection on the body armor.

Good luck:ride:

I have the same set up and it works good, as warrior said make sure the Leatt goes under the spine protection.

I have a Leatt and use it with a 661 Core Saver and RockGardn trailstar - it fits with both without any problems

So do you pull the jersey over the neck brace?

100_0284.jpg

you guys wear it differently. I wear the body armor under my jersey and then the LEATT on top.

DSCN0216.jpg

you guys wear it differently. I wear the body armor under my jersey and then the LEATT on top.

DSCN0216.jpg

Ive read a bunch of times that the brace is suposed to sit on your shoulders NOT your chest protector but now that I think about it I dont see any problems with doing it your way.

Any one know why your suposed to wear it underneath ?

the new 661 core saver looks like it would be great with the leatt. From what it looks like on the website you wear the core saver, jersey, and then the leatt over it all. Looks like its made to work that way and doesn't have anything on the way. I've thought about moving to this, the biggest thing that worries me is the heat, I overheat enough in my sentinel.

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=e023fea5-a315-41e0-a1df-a0f10fe3eb79&product=30a97b9f-23e8-47d1-acb1-d7eea677d5b0

My understanding is that the brace should be in firm contact with your chest and spine for the safety features to work effectively. I can appreciate that and am not not smart enough to know any good logic to challenge it.

I use it with a fox R3 chest protector. No need to cut anything. It's a tight fit but the brace is resting on my shoulders like it should.