Sign in to follow this  

Sort of a lame question but I need to ask...

Okay, so I know on most YZ250's (not sure about the 125's) we have the PV overflow/vent tube that runs down the side of the motor which expels excess unburnt fuel/oil mixture, right? So why could one not conclude that the pistion is receiving suffient lubrication while running if there is excess leaking out while motor is not in operation?

i think 02 and up yz125's and 250 have the drain. I guess it would be safe to say your getting a decent amount of oil....what are you running gas oct and ratio mix?

I wouldn't use it as a way to dail in my bikes jetting brand of oils can make a difference also. If anything it can be maybe used as a gauge to when it's time to clean the valve's. Debated many times in my RGV owners forum this is considered an upgrade on some models conclussion was it just slows down the carbon build up in the valves.

Basically just wondering if there are drips coming out of the tube when the bike is not running can I assume that it is not running lean?

Id like to know this too , mine leaks some drops of this oil and i hate it

Short answer this time : NO

EDIT:

Well acutally you can stop it from happening but it would require that the hose be removed and the hole plugged.

Short answer this time : NO

Gosh Boss, so sorry. Should have known I guess.:)

I have no issue with the weeping of the oil. That was not the focus of my post.

I dont think its a good indicator of being rich or lean. Its always totally black when it drops out. I have never really been able to change the flow out of the tube with different jetting.

I dont think its a good indicator of being rich or lean. Its always totally black when it drops out. I have never really been able to change the flow out of the tube with different jetting.

Thank you RC, that is all I was looking for.

Aw come on, you let your pets af4f1868.gifon the floor so why not your YZ too??

Thats true..I do refer to my dogs as "4 legged shit machines" on a regular basis.

Ahhh, but RC has a high tech catch bottle. So maybe his YZ does not get to poop on the floor. Right RC? Come on put up another pic of it...:)

I've always gauged this as how hard i've run the bike, the harder its been run the more drops come out, of course for me it doesn't happen very often

Ahhh, but RC has a high tech catch bottle. So maybe his YZ does not get to poop on the floor. Right RC? Come on put up another pic of it...:)

I will post another pic as soon as my 2c pipe comes in. I have not bought anything worth taking a picture of for quite a while.