Sort of a lame question but I need to ask...

Okay, so I know on most YZ250's (not sure about the 125's) we have the PV overflow/vent tube that runs down the side of the motor which expels excess unburnt fuel/oil mixture, right? So why could one not conclude that the pistion is receiving suffient lubrication while running if there is excess leaking out while motor is not in operation?

I wouldn't use it as a way to dail in my bikes jetting brand of oils can make a difference also. If anything it can be maybe used as a gauge to when it's time to clean the valve's. Debated many times in my RGV owners forum this is considered an upgrade on some models conclussion was it just slows down the carbon build up in the valves.

I dont think its a good indicator of being rich or lean. Its always totally black when it drops out. I have never really been able to change the flow out of the tube with different jetting.

Thank you RC, that is all I was looking for.

Ahhh, but RC has a high tech catch bottle. So maybe his YZ does not get to poop on the floor. Right RC? Come on put up another pic of it...?

I will post another pic as soon as my 2c pipe comes in. I have not bought anything worth taking a picture of for quite a while.