Sign in to follow this  

for those with rg3 gen 2s

im 6'2 def the forward position..On the rg3's I think there forward and up 5+mm..I think for anyone over 5'10 it would benefit them.

Thanks Hoss. I will try it. Man even with a press it took a lot to squeeze the stem in. What kind of aluminum are these made of? Night and day different aluminum than what comes stock. Probably made from old airplanes.:)

I have a question about the steering stem, can RG3 supply the clamp kit with a steering stem pressed in already? I have never pressed out a steering stem before and would rather not have to deal with the stress, or is it easy? What does it entail?

It takes about 2 minutes if you have a press. I actually spoke to Rick from RG3 on the phone today and he eased my mind by basicaly telling me the things are brutally strong and since there is sometimes a pretty good layer from anodizing they can require a lot of pressure. Right where the steering stops are on mine there are impressions. It took a ton of pressure man. He says he does about 10 a week and 3 of them usually pop really loud and scare everyone in the shop as the stem slides in a few mm at a time. It's scary but you can save a benjamin by doing it with a press if you have one.

Thats the thing, i dont have a press. I guess i would need to carry it to a machine shop if i got the RG3s, if they can send it with the press in it already for an extra fee then i would rather go that route, can they do that?

Sure you can get one like that. I think Motosport has them. By the way the set I have for my 08 fits the 09.

Adam call RG3 ask for Heat and talk to him about it.. Hes a buddy of mine he will take care of you..

You can take it to any shop they can do it while you wait its really nothing for someone that has the press..I dont have one and a buddy with the press took my stock one out and pressed it in within a few minutes..The rg3 clamps are about as top of the line as it gets imo.

I have a question about the steering stem, can RG3 supply the clamp kit with a steering stem pressed in already? I have never pressed out a steering stem before and would rather not have to deal with the stress, or is it easy? What does it entail?

I bought some for my yz and rg3 had a stem for mine. It was well made and fit perfectly. Lots better made than my stock part.

The price was about 90.00. Not a bad deal considering it came with a bearing installed.