Sign in to follow this  

Stump Jumpers Dual sport @ Dez 100-2009

Anyone know if a semi dual sport bike can make the Dual sport run in Odesa this year or not ?

I have a Supermoto with the basic street tire on it for the dirt roads and pavement portions, but other then that any type of MUD bogs and I am toast.

I didn't see anything from their web site that said, who, what, where , when, so I am asking in here if you been on that trip before and what can I expect, if anything ?

Thank you much. :)

Steve

I always thought it was three non blondes that made a right :banghead:

Just kidding, hope to see you there Debi, should be lots of fun regardless of tire choice.

I figure if anything, I can ride to Spokane or visit my mom in Moses Lake :)

In all the poker runs that I have done, I have truly seen some wacky stuff...guys with hack's on, etc.... so if you want to run SM tires, let me know when you leave so I can watch:thumbsup:

Me personally, some good dual sport tires will suffice at 12psi or more to prevent flats.

The sections of desert course as i understand it, are optional to those of you entering the dual sport poker run.

The dual sport PR typically incorporates one loop of the family PR course before heading out onto the county roads and other land where dirt 2 track and easy single track are found. The family PR course is completed by little ones on little bikes so if it's not raining you should have no problem making that loop... again, the loop on the family PR course is optional, I believe you can follow your route chart right out of camp to hit the rest of the dual sport route.

Talked to the owner of the brewery last weekend and they are planning on you guys showing up to his check point hungry:thumbsup:

There was a guy that did the course on a Harley Davidson Sportster :)

If he could do it i am sure you might get away with a SM:thumbsup:

There was a guy that did the course on a Harley Davidson Sportster :)

If he could do it i am sure you might get away with a SM:thumbsup:

That was a pretty trick sporty..might run the DS course this year myself. Do you think its possible to ride it and a loop of the reg course?

you usually do a lap on the family course. If it is a true DS then I would advise against it. but you are more then welcome to do it.