Sign in to follow this  

ASV Clutch lever adjustment on 08 rmz250

I have a 2008 Suzuki rmz250. I bought an asv shorty clutch lever awhile back. I've ran it on the bike for a couple races and stuff but I was never really thrilled with it.

The cable location/pull is slightly different than the oem location, so clutch adjustment was almost to the end on both the quick adjust, and main adjusting bolt. This worked out OK at first, but since then, clutch adjustments were needed, and I am unable to make any further adjustments.

The oem lever assembly, I just put back on, my cable adjustments will now allow many more adjustments. Plus, the quick adjust of the oem really is quick adjust, better setup than the ASV.

Have any of you had this similar situation? I really will miss the thought of not really breaking a lever, but the asv did not allow the needed cable adjustments.

For now, I will run the oem clamp slightly lose to prevent easy breaks. Any recommendations for the ASV?

Hi stavendirtbike,

This is probably of no use to you now, but I'm posting this for anyone else who may read this post...

Here at Calsport, this issue has just been highlighted by one of our customers. It seems only to be apparent on the early steel framed RMZ250's.

We are an official ASV retailer so when this issue came up, we made enquiries with ASV...

The problem:

The RMZ250 clutch cable is too long to mount correctly into the ASV clutch perch / the ASV clutch perch is too short to correctly mount the RMZ clutch cable.

ASV confirmed that they can supply a "Barrel Extender" for models which require this.

th_DSC_0007.jpg

If anyone is having the same issue, please contact myself your local ASV Dealer.

Cheers

Jamie

http://www.calsport.co.uk

+44 (0) 845 601 0986

This is probably of no use to you now, but I'm posting this for anyone else who may read this post...

It helped me =)

Same bike, same lever, and same problem! I contacted ASV and they are sending the barrel extensions.

Thanks!