Sign in to follow this  

My, new to me TC 450

Just thought I would share with everyone, my new to me ride and my first Husqvarna. It is a 2006 TC 450 with electric start, pro taper bars, and an uptite skid plate, just to name a few mods. The graphics kit on it is killer and I will find out soon on who made it. I know that many people on this site are searching for options in husky graphics. Either way, I will be taking it out Saturday to a local spot (Gorman), here in California to run it through the stringer. Hope everything is holding up, should be a great time. Can't wait to get out on this machine.

Andre

TC450002.jpg

TC450003.jpg

TC450007.jpg

TC450008.jpg

TC450006-1.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what does a used '06 TC450 sell for these days? I have been wanting to get a TC for a while now and this year may be the year to pull the trigger.

Nice bike BTW!!

That is a nice looking bike ! And yes, if you find out about the Graphics, please post it up. Congratulations on the "new to you" bike. You'll get many thrills with that bike. I've got an 04 tc450 and have been loving it since april 2005 with no regrets.

Nice ride! Give us an update on how that bad boy handles on the track.

Nice looker, graphics look like Ride PG....:) $2700 seems to be the going rate, I got my 07 for that, :banghead:attachment.php?attachmentid=813&d=1237256614

attachment.php?attachmentid=812&d=1237256614

Cool, $2,700 sounds like a great deal! Now to convince the wife that I need 2 dirt bikes and find one within a reasonable distance.

Yes, graphics are Ride PG. Thanks for all the feedback guys. Tommorrow is D day, can't wait to see what this thing can do. Will update once I get back.

Weekend ride update. Took the bike out both Saturday and Sunday. Joining me was my Uncle and his two sons. The Husky ran flawless as far as having no hickups and starting with every run. It was harder to get into and out of turns and felt heavy on single track. Low end powerband was difficult to figure out, and did not pack as much punch as I was expecting. I also rode my Uncle's 2008 KX450F, and noticed a significant power burst through the lower gears. The KX450F was much more responsive and delivered the power as needed. My Husky was loads of fun and as I said, did not give any problems, however I wonder if a tuning is necessary to get it back to parr, or is that the nature of these bikes. What are your thoughts on it? Looking forward to get feedback. Thanks

Andre

You bring up great points which I am sure I will reveal more and more with seat time. I will deffinitely excersize higher rpm's this coming weekend, I will also try to switch the barclamps. This is good feedback, thank you.

Andre

JD jet kit & lower gearing wake it up. Mine wouldn't pull my 190 lbs in 2nd gear starts.

Beware the forks, if they are stock, they SUK! Expect your arms to hurt & no combo of ckickers can get it right. Mine would bottom on everything but jackhammer on small stuff, stutters & braking/accel bumps.

Will be taking the bike to my local Husky shop and will mention the JD Jet Kit, hopefully I can order it for them to install to give me some more power where I need it most. As for the front forks, I know they are the Marzochi Shiver's, but I dont know wether or not they have been redone. Thanks for all the info guys, you have been great.

Andre

Nice bike and PG did the graphics. I've got them on my 450TC as well. Enjoy your ride.

Regards,

John