Sign in to follow this  

2004 RMZ250 vs. 2006 RMZ250 help...

What if any differances are there between these years.

I have an 06, with an opertunity to get an 04 at a good price.

Any big changes between 04/06?:)

I pretty sure the valve train in the 2006 was updated along with bigger radiators. I have a 2004 RMZ 250 and it was a must to upgrade the rads if you are doing any sort of woods riding. Plus the two piece oil filter/water pump cover was also a good investment. I like my 2004 RMZ 250...AFTER...I put Kibblewhite valve train, stage 2 hot cam, wiseco timing chain, wiseco piston/rings, fluidyne rads, boysen oil filter/water pump cover (bigger impeller also). After all that it runs great! lol

im not sure exactly, but all i know is that 2004 is suzuki/kawasaki's first year of making a 4-stroke motocross bike, and alot can improve in 2 years. If you're thinking about trading or something, then don't do it, but if you're just buying, then all of the parts will be interchangable.

Weren't the stock 04 valves half Ti, half SS?? I thought that was a huge problem back then, because everyone coming off of 2 strokes were screaming the engines and they'd overheat and drop the valve tip in the engine. Once you change those out, you can ride it without worrying any more than riding any other thumper.

I'm pretty sure the stock 06's vs. stock 04's are more reliable for this reason, but if they've already been changed out, I wouldn't worry. It's just something you need to ask the seller.

2006 RMZ's did change the problems along with cooling problems. The 2004 had cooling problems and valve problems. Combine those two together and you have yourself a ticking time bomb.

2006 RMZ's did change the problems along with cooling problems. The 2004 had cooling problems and valve problems. Combine those two together and you have yourself a ticking time bomb. I agree with downonmonday

They changed the left side radiator in '05 and made it larger. The '06 got upgraded cases and I think the transmission was changed slightly. Other than that 04 through 06 are basically the same. 2007 is when the RMZ was completely made by Suzuki.

As far I know the 04 has a 4 speed tranny and the 06 has a 5 speed, the rads are bigger on the 06 and it also has the 2 peice oil filter/ water pump cover

the head is different slightly, porting and stuff, bigger rads, other then that same bike