Sign in to follow this  

Airbox mud flap

I'm wanting to swap out the white airbox mud flap that protects the shock for a black one but can't seem to find one. Has anyone done this before or is it easier to just spray paint it black. I purchased an Acerbis off Dennis Kirk and it says it's for a 2006 250x but it's clearly made for the 250R. I even went to the Acerbis website and they recommended the one I bought but the hole for the screws are completely different and it has a curved part for the dual exhaust, which I clearly do not have. Hope someone can help. :)

Thanks

tired of looking, just sand lightly and use some black spray paint...

works fine, gotta luv ghettofab.

Just spray painted mine black today but I'm thinking the 2009 flap is very similar to the 2006 white one. I have to go back to the dealership on Friday to pick up some parts and I'll bring mine to check it against an '09. But yeah, the one for the R is completely different than the one for the X.

I used some "plastics" spray paint I got at Lowe's for $5 - alot cheaper than the $23 the dealership wants for the mud flap.

Nevermind about the dye question. I looked at the thread. Duh.

• Like 1

I think I will try the dye idea, I've been using the Krylon paint but it just chips really easily.

OK - was at the stealership today, carried my spray painted one with me. Compared it to the one on the '09 X (which is black) and it is the same size, with holes in the same place. Therefore, if you want a factory made flap, order the 2009.

I just spray painted it and it looks fine but I am also worried about it chipping so I will be ordering a 2009 flap, thanks SLips with Flaps

Mine doesn't exactly chip, it rubs off from the swing arm movement.. I currently have my rear caliper guard and rear disc guard soaking in some Rit Dye, I will let you guys know how it goes tommorow.