Sign in to follow this  

ferrea ss valves w/stk springs??

i have an 04 crf250. i have a set of ferrea ss valves already. i am wanting to update to the 08 cam. i would purchase new honda oem 08 springs, retainers, decomp release, basicaly everything in the head would be new except guides (and probably change them), will the ferrea valves work with the stock retainers, springs, buckets ect?? any info would be appreciated. the reason i am not purchasing an new 08 head is my head has been flowed and is in excellent condition. i also get a little help on parts from my local honda dealer.

You can get new ferrea intake springs for less than 100 for the springs and spring seats and caps. You can however use stock exhaust because stock valves are steal and weigh the same as stainless.

Where are you guys getting the Ferrera valve and springs from?

You can however use stock exhaust because stock valves are steal and weigh the same as stainless.

interesting....

another question is what about the decomp release it has a different part # from 04-08 do i have to change from the 04 to an 08 decomp release set up when i go to the 08 cam?

Where are you guys getting the Ferrera valve and springs from?

Go to Ferrea web site and do a search for dealers. Also I got mine off Ebay guy is selling them for around $60 a set intake or exhaust. check this out on Ebay only $54.95 plus shipping:thumbsup: / http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CRF250-CRF450-FERREA-INTAKE-EXHAUST-VALVES-SS_W0QQitemZ330314960693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330314960693&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

You Guys could also by the ferrea products from the person that had direct desighn imput into all of the crf ferrea valve train components every time theres an update or improvement it comes from RHC DJ the engineer @ ferrea and i work directly togeteher to ashure that the ferrea components are the best they can be .

are the ferrea valves pretty reliable? because im pretty sure i need new valves.

so what are the differences between getting the same valves off of ebay or from the dealer than the ones you can get from your RHC? Seems like they would be the same, unless you have done some tinkering with them

There are a few special items i have ferrea make for me to my specification any of the parts that are sold on ebay for the crfs i have had direct imput on .one of the things that i have done is a crf 250 intake valve with a wider face and the same as stock margin so that a wider seat can be put on it for longevity the other thing i have done is a coating aplyed to the head of the valve also for longevity .you cant get theses off of ebay.

You Guys could also by the ferrea products from the person that had direct desighn imput into all of the crf ferrea valve train components every time theres an update or improvement it comes from RHC DJ the engineer @ ferrea and i work directly togeteher to ashure that the ferrea components are the best they can be .

sorry Ron not trying to step on your toes. How much are your valves and springs?:)

Can you run an aftermarket cam with the ferrea valve's and spring's?

rhc is an hour from my house. he built the head on my oldest boys

crf450 with ferrea valves,web cam, springs etc. we are dirttracker/ice racers it has two seasons on it. we check the valves after every weekend, i have had to make 3 minor shim adjustments, and still finished 4th behind some big national #s at the 09 ice race nationals. i e-mailed RHC when i started building the little guys crf250 to get an idea on cost (as we all know times tough) and got no reply, so i called no answer and was unable to leave a message. i recommend RHC Ron can build a very fast and reliable motor. My situation is (like alot if tt members) i need an idea on what i need and what it is going to cost, what i can afford to do and not to do. i have been to RHC spent time with him and he is very knowlegable. just very hard to contact, but once you do you will be very satisfied with the outcome

sorry Ron not trying to step on your toes. How much are your valves and springs?:banghead:

i e-mailed RHC when i started building the little guys crf250 to get an idea on cost (as we all know times tough) and got no reply, so i called no answer and was unable to leave a message.

its weird.. he doesnt like to say. he also wont answer his phone calls. must not like helping customers and making money.

I have heard of at least 4 or 5 guys that seriously wanted to buy through RHC.. all willing to spend 1000$ or more through him, but he wouldnt answer or return their phone calls. what a joke.

funny, reminds me of a story when I was younger. about 10 years old, my dad had a friend who was worth 55 million bucks at the time (worth 70+ now). he had a big cabin out in the country that my dad took care of for 10 years, as it was only used for 1 month outta the year. anyways the rich guy was gonna buy himself a new bike, his son a new bike, and me and my dad each a new bike and go for a ride. we walked into the local shop, ready to put 50,000$ cash on the counter and walk out with 4 or more brand new bikes... we waited for about 5-10 minutes which is an eternity when youre a kid about to get a free dirt bike. we got no service, so the guy and my dad walked out and never bought any bikes. I was pretty bummed. little does the shop know that they could have made their biggest sale ever that day. now whats the moral of the story?

Let me explain somthing im nearly 52 years old i get out here by 8,30 every morning and dont leave the shop usally untill around 7 .I work out here saturdays i quit working out here sundays i work on my house or set on my ass i have been to 2 small races in the last 2 years i have had 1 week of vacation that i did not enjoy last yeare because i was woried about 2 engines i was trying to get built for loretas and ended up getting screwed out of $ 8000 after i did complete them .I have my son anser the phone about 2 hours out of the day and then he goes to school i dont drink beer or alcohol maybe a 12 pack a year i dont smoke all i do is work to keep my kids in college and food in the fridge i have no savings or retirement so im far from rich i take care of as many pepole as i can i have the phone glued to my ear most days alot of times only ansering questions for pepole to help them get there bikes going i had to stop every thing a couple of days ago to build a set of heads for an XR 750 harley for an old time customer so this Bonzi kid could race @ spring feild for free while my bank acount goes _$2000 when theres $6000 werth of parts setting on the floor that could have been shiped and billed .I hate making customers wait for there work usally they end up glad they did wait .SO PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME BASED ON THE INTERNETor if you never had an experience with me .

I have had the same problem. There are times I missed calls due to the fact I was run bikes on the dyno and can't hear the phone. People I do business with regularly know to just call me back a little later.

On the other hand I talk to Ron probably a couple times a week. If I don't get him the first time I just call back. I have no problems getting a hold of him. If I leave a message, he will call me back. If he doesn't answer the first time, have some patience and just call him back. You will get a hold of him.

even though you don't know me on a first name basis Ron, i have called your shop numerous times and you have always had the time to talk and answer any questions i had. sometimes the phone calls would be over 30 minutes. thank you for all the help you have given me. once my funds get back up i will definetly be getting your parts. i don't understand why people get on here and bash such a good person! how many shops can you call and get the owner/engine builder to even talk to you on the phone much less answer it! some people need to get a life and quit bashing people for one bad experience!:banghead:

Let me explain somthing im nearly 52 years old i get out here by 8,30 every morning and dont leave the shop usally untill around 7 .I work out here saturdays i quit working out here sundays i work on my house or set on my ass i have been to 2 small races in the last 2 years i have had 1 week of vacation that i did not enjoy last yeare because i was woried about 2 engines i was trying to get built for loretas and ended up getting screwed out of $ 8000 after i did complete them .I have my son anser the phone about 2 hours out of the day and then he goes to school i dont drink beer or alcohol maybe a 12 pack a year i dont smoke all i do is work to keep my kids in college and food in the fridge i have no savings or retirement so im far from rich i take care of as many pepole as i can i have the phone glued to my ear most days alot of times only ansering questions for pepole to help them get there bikes going i had to stop every thing a couple of days ago to build a set of heads for an XR 750 harley for an old time customer so this Bonzi kid could race @ spring feild for free while my bank acount goes _$2000 when theres $6000 werth of parts setting on the floor that could have been shiped and billed .I hate making customers wait for there work usally they end up glad they did wait .SO PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME BASED ON THE INTERNETor if you never had an experience with me .
I have had the same problem. There are times I missed calls due to the fact I was run bikes on the dyno and can't hear the phone. People I do business with regularly know to just call me back a little later.

On the other hand I talk to Ron probably a couple times a week. If I don't get him the first time I just call back. I have no problems getting a hold of him. If I leave a message, he will call me back. If he doesn't answer the first time, have some patience and just call him back. You will get a hold of him.

even though you don't know me on a first name basis Ron, i have called your shop numerous times and you have always had the time to talk and answer any questions i had. sometimes the phone calls would be over 30 minutes. thank you for all the help you have given me. once my funds get back up i will definetly be getting your parts. i don't understand why people get on here and bash such a good person! how many shops can you call and get the owner/engine builder to even talk to you on the phone much less answer it! some people need to get a life and quit bashing people for one bad experience!:banghead:

well ive tried calling leaving a message.. twice, with no luck.

two friends who also called/emailed asking about buying new valves/springs from ron, and probably even get him to build their engine.

several reports online here of RHC being hard to get a hold of.

im not bashing you, Ron. I just think you should treat your customers a little better thats all. thats the last think I thought I would hear from you is financial troubles.... I figured your business brought in TONS of cash with this business. with your knowledge, tools, experience, how can you not bang out a few 2000$ engines per day, plus sell 1000$ worth of springs and valves and stuff?

dont mean to be rude, I totally respect you and your knowledge.. but maybe you should change you game plan a little.. allow for more customers/money to be involved?

thanks

I understand youre super busy, but if I were in your shoes, I personally would be doing something different. youve been doing this for what I assume is 30 or so years

I have thought of that also about doing somthing diferent Walmart greeter has crossed my mind .on the other hand i have been talking with my local honda shop and they wanted me to move in with them in a part of the building that needed remodeling that way i would be able to use some of there work force for building engines and still over see it .Matt had gotten every thing around and showed a profit like the bank had asked for last fall and when he went in with estimates of remodeling and the plan they said it all looked good but they were not loaning any money so i have tryed somthing diferent in this economy its dificult .