Is honda ever going to put a plate on the x???

First off if you had a plated 450X and thought it would be a great bike for the street you are wrong. My bikes plated and I have to say it's not the best DS bike. It's great from getting from one trail head to another, but no way in hell you can ride it a long ways on the freeway. The tran will need another gear for that.

Well of course! everyone on hear knows that........or they should but anyway I dont like loading my bikes up into my 5ft high truck be and driving the 5miles to my favorite riding spot because i have some free time and want to ride for a hour before the kids T-ball games. Anyhow I believe that eventually the day will come................Im thinking that somehow the dirtbike industry will eventually go diesel!!! wouldnt that be awsome! Torque for days! A bike of that type should make it past the carb guys easy.

Im thinking that somehow the dirtbike industry will eventually go diesel!!! wouldnt that be awsome! Torque for days! A bike of that type should make it past the carb guys easy.

Military has already done it also with their kawi KLX650 bikes that they use, i talked with the program manager from san diego area about it when he was out here, USMC has scrapped their bikes after they completed the retro of the gas engines to diesel. He said some cool stuff about them but ultimately higher officials dont like the idea of a person out in harms way with no armor around them, thats why they scrapped them

and the link JOHNNY put is the kawi 650s, they come here to our base all the time! and i see alot of them with less than 50 miles, wish i could follow some to DRMO and buy a lot of 10 bikes, we store alot of them here

Maybe you guys in Califorina should send a letter to Arnold :foul: and state that the plating of your bike would give the state some much needed money ? coming into your state.

And it would be comming in each year after that as well.:banghead:

I know they could use the money :banghead:

Maybe they could use it to pay all those IOU'S they sent out ?

Yes we could write a letter. However they have probably weighed the revenue from ticketing those riding illegally vs outfitting the system to allow plating bikes and found it to not be cost effective.

Since california already sucks every nickle and dime you make it would go against everything this state stands for to allow such a wonderful thign to happen.

Oh and I dont think the IOU's ever went out or at least I never got one.........just got my return yesterday!

I live in Oregon, and oregon scans all vin numbers, then they deny the plate request. I have a XR400 and love to cruse gravel logging roads between trails. Up here the USFS can issue the same ticket the state police can if your bike does not have a plate or insurance even when on a dead end one lane abandond dirt road!

1 Vote for a 6 speed EFI plated X with lightweight LED signals.

here is a pict of the signs posted at every road crossing, no matter how small of road

10082007074.jpg