Deer Creek Ride - 3/21 (Photos and Video)

Anyone down for a Deer Creek ride this Saturday, 3/21??

If not, i am heading out anyways, but just wanted to see if anyone wanted to show up and do some riding.

I think a complete loop is not gonna happen cause of snow at Crandall, but should still be great conditions on Saturday.

Rain is expected on late Sat into Sunday, so this is for sure Saturday only.

Let me know.

....Here are some photos and video from the ride...

Photos

Video

100_0540.JPG

100_0545.JPG

100_0548.JPG

100_0554.JPG

100_0556.JPG

100_0559.JPG

100_0560.JPG

My house this morning at 3500ft which is the Staging Area elevation for DC.

100_0566.JPG

Color me interested! how many miles are we talking here? its a pretty good haul to deer creek...

im pretty sure we rode at elkins flat some time ago. it will be nice to ride with you again.

?

Anyone down for a Deer Creek ride this Saturday, 3/21??

If not, i am heading out anyways, but just wanted to see if anyone wanted to show up and do some riding.

I think a complete loop is not gonna happen cause of snow at Crandall, but should still be great conditions on Saturday.

Rain is expected on late Sat into Sunday, so this is for sure Saturday only.

Let me know.

Color me interested! how many miles are we talking here? its a pretty good haul to deer creek...

im pretty sure we rode at elkins flat some time ago. it will be nice to ride with you again.

?

Yeah, come on over and ride.

I have emailed like 10 people and no confirmations yet, i have been wondering what is up and if people want to ride or what.

Anyways..

If you can bring some people, then feel free. I was just planning on riding solo if i couldn't find anyone.

I plan on riding as much as possible until the snow blocks us in.

A complete loop is 50 miles or so, but most of that will be too deep in snow i think at the 5000ft level or more. Most like between 30-40 miles and it will be possibly backtracking on some stuff. I know the place pretty well since i live 10 miles from there.

Let me know what time on Saturday.

I usually meet between 8 and 9am. Just let me know what time.

Brian

sounds like a great time,and i've been wanting to get back up there again,but i just did a four day mojave trip so my ride coupons are kinda low right now. we'll be waiting on a ride report after.

Yeah, come on over and ride.

I have emailed like 10 people and no confirmations yet, i have been wondering what is up and if people want to ride or what.

Anyways..

If you can bring some people, then feel free. I was just planning on riding solo if i couldn't find anyone.

I plan on riding as much as possible until the snow blocks us in.

A complete loop is 50 miles or so, but most of that will be too deep in snow i think at the 5000ft level or more. Most like between 30-40 miles and it will be possibly backtracking on some stuff. I know the place pretty well since i live 10 miles from there.

Let me know what time on Saturday.

I usually meet between 8 and 9am. Just let me know what time.

Brian

What!??? :banghead: don't be lumping me in with "those" guys.

Now I know, I couldn't make it (opening day for little league) but, at least I responded.

At this rate, I won't be riding till after Easter. :banghead:?:foul:

What!??? :banghead: don't be lumping me in with "those" guys.

Now I know, I couldn't make it (opening day for little league) but, at least I responded.

At this rate, I won't be riding till after Easter. :banghead:?:foul:

Get that kid on his bike and take him riding everyday, you only live 10min from PC. The you dont have to worry about him wanting to do these organized sports that interfere with riding, lol.

:banghead:

DBragg, yea, you rode with xnofriendsx at Elkins. Don't you remember that log ? I've never been to Deer Creek and would like to check it out one of these days. Just have a hard time justifying the drive if it's not fully opened.

Scott..... AKA Scott450x

DSCN5926-1.jpg

DSCN5922.jpg

hey scott!

yeah i remeber that log. man i felt like a hero coming down that little grade. i saw the log and thought, no biggie... front wheel over... then, bam! the shock didnt like hitting that thing at all. the bike just tossed me up and almost over the front of the bike :banghead: i wish that i could have witnessed that crash. oh the hilarity.

conditions that day were so good. i wish the dirt was like that all the time.

good times!

is that an orange smoker in your avatar? ?

I've never been to Deer Creek and would like to check it out one of these days. Just have a hard time justifying the drive if it's not fully opened.

Well cruise on over then. We can do some decent riding just not a complete loop. You aren't really missing too much, it just makes it a bit more fun to do a complete loop. You can still ride plenty of stuff, you just have to make a different route and not a big circle loop.

Depending on how much you want to ride, you can still do 50+ miles.

Let us know, i can give directions and a meeting place soon....

hey scott!

yeah i remeber that log. man i felt like a hero coming down that little grade. i saw the log and thought, no biggie... front wheel over... then, bam! the shock didnt like hitting that thing at all. the bike just tossed me up and almost over the front of the bike :banghead: i wish that i could have witnessed that crash. oh the hilarity.

conditions that day were so good. i wish the dirt was like that all the time.

good times!

That was a great day for riding, the dirt was sooo good that day.

I think DC should be really good dirt as well, plus a mix of snow at the higher elevations so you can do snow burnouts. Good times....

hey scott!

How's it goin Devin,

Yeah.... I made the switch a few months ago. The bike is absolutely awesome :usa:

I made the mistake of trying out the various KTM's at one of the demo days and was amazed at the difference between the smokers and the thumpers. I must admit the 450 xc-w was a nice ride but didn't compare to the lightness of the 2-strokes. I then tried Travis's yz250 (don't know his screen name because he keeps changing it) and was sold on the smokers.

Well cruise on over then. We can do some decent riding just not a complete loop. You aren't really missing too much, it just makes it a bit more fun to do a complete loop. You can still ride plenty of stuff, you just have to make a different route and not a big circle loop.

Depending on how much you want to ride, you can still do 50+ miles.

Let us know, i can give directions and a meeting place soon....

Brian, thanks but it's not in the cards for this weekend. Maybe next time we can tare it up ?

Nice pictures Brian. I have been having issues downloading the video, though. It gets to about 13-17% and the download freezes, I've tried many times and at different locations(home, work).

Erick,

I got that from one other person as well.

Is anyone else having issues viewing the video?

I will try and re upload it right now.

Make sure you have Quicktime 7 installed, free from quicktime.com

Brian