Sign in to follow this  

another question about oil

what is the big deal about running 10w40 oil? i have an 03' DRZ400E and a 07' RMZ450 and run 10w40 oil in them both and i have absolutely no problems with either of them. i do change the oil after two or three rides on both bikes so whats the big deal???

worf.gif

I love that one, always gives me a chuckle.

Has this topic been covered before? :banghead::foul:

Mike :):banghead:

There is nothing wrong with using 10w40. Its the oil suzuki says to use. Suzukis engineers didnt just come up with that weight oil for no reason, it has to do with engine tolerence. If you use oil thats to thick it takes longer to get to critical engine parts at start up.

If heavier oil is better than just put gear oil in it. Be careful what you read in these forums, the best advice would be from the company that made your engine.

There is nothing wrong with using 10w40. Its the oil suzuki says to use. Suzukis engineers didnt just come up with that weight oil for no reason, it has to do with engine tolerence. If you use oil thats to thick it takes longer to get to critical engine parts at start up.

If heavier oil is better than just put gear oil in it. Be careful what you read in these forums, the best advice would be from the company that made your engine.

Darn tootin'. Suzuki also reccomends 3,500 mile oil changes too. Let us know how that works out.

Not trying to be mean, just realistic, based on knowledge and the experience of others and my own.

Wow, great first post. Take a little time to run a search or two around here and learn something. Lord knows there are plenty of threads to read on the subject.

good luck with that. :)

good luck with that. :)

+2 Do what you want. Remember Eddie on this forum, he will need to rebuild you a motor or 2 until you get rid of your bikes.

first post eh?

15W50,Silkolene full ester sync

swing-carousel.jpg