Sign in to follow this  

2003 jd kit issues

my jetting is 42 pilot 180 main red needle on the 6th clip and 2 turns out on the screw. its a supermoto . while cruising at 1/4 throdle ifs starving for fuel . then when i stop it some times idles with no issues and some times dies. easy to start... any sugestions? had it at 1.5 turn and 5th clip but the plug was white ... too lean

What do you mean "starving for fuel"? How do you know? What makes you say that?

I only ask because on CRFs it's common for them to buck around and stutter when you're crusing at around 1/4 throttle. All of my CRFs have done it so some extent.

These bikes are designed to be ridden under power all of the time, I notice mine sort of shutters/stutter/bucks around at 1/4 throttle when crusing fire roads or whatever. It's annoying but I've gotten used to it.

When was the last time you cleaned your carb? If it dies while idling you've got something else going on too.

bucks around, sputter something like that i re jetted yesterday . and carb was clean . i run it a tank of gas with some carb cleaner too.

Did the problem start when you re-jetted yesterday? I'd try going back to the stock main/pilot/needle/clip position just to see if it changes anything.