Sign in to follow this  

rear brake calliper wont close

Your trying to open it aren't you? So the disc will fit between the pads. If this is the case, then get a thin blade screwdriver and carefully pry the pads appart until the gap is wide enough

well usually i dont have to. usually the pads will move enough out of the way and i can move them with my fingers as i slide the rotor in.

but the caliper is smashing on the pads so they wont open, i push against the caliper and it just shuts again. so im not sure what to do.the brake pedal isnt applying any force on the caliper either. i dont know what happened, it was just really random O_O

Is your fluid level too high in the mastercylinder? Thats abotu the only thing that will force the pads closed, other than pushing the brake pedal.

I had the same problem when a few years ago when I took my tire off to change it. I accidently hit the brake pedal and the pads squeezed together. I couldnt get them apart. I finally opened the bleed screw and pumped the some fluid out. After a few minutes I was able to push the pads apart. I had to bleed the brakes though. It wasnt too tuff.