Sign in to follow this  

Looking for air filter...

Where can I buy an air filter for an 05 Husky 510 SMR? I'm having a bitch of a time finding one.

Thanks.

LOL! I totally forgot I posted that. Sorry!

And yes, but they wanted like $19 in shipping so I kept shopping. They don't specify the manufacturer either.

Can a mod delete this thread since I'm a retard? I swear I searched my username and didn't see a thread.

Did you try UNI? I'll look at the catalog tomorrow and see if there is a part number.

www.unifilter.com

Double check the web.

Husqvarna

250/400/450/510 4 stroke 2004-05 NU-1008ST

Same as 2002-09 250/450 TC/TE, 2009 300 and 1992-09 125/250/360

Same as 2002-09 250/450 TC/TE, 2009 300 and 1992-09 125/250/360

Is it? I kept seeing air filters for the TE / TC but none for the SMR.

I called Twin Air directly and they pointed me to the 157004 filter. there is a "supermoto air filter" section on their website but it has WR / CR / TC part numbers, not SMR. The lady said it was the same. The part # is 157004SM.

Just hope it fits! lol

Go with a Moose brand air filter. They are compact but have thick foam. I believe that the TE filters fit about every four stroke Husky from 2000 on. The Moose filter package had every four stroke Husky listed on it. The SMR filters are the same for the TEs, TXCs, etc.

And yes, but they wanted like $19

Nope.

That doesn't sound like Motosportz at all! Are you sure because once you started posting negative crap about a company, you can't really take it back!

David

LOL! I totally forgot I posted that. Sorry!

And yes, but they wanted like $19 in shipping so I kept shopping. They don't specify the manufacturer either.

Can a mod delete this thread since I'm a retard? I swear I searched my username and didn't see a thread.

Oh for ****'s sake...

Show me the brand name on this air filter. I sure as hell can't find it:

filter.jpg

And tell me a 60% markup for shipping on an item that weighs maybe 7 ounces isn't too much:

shipping.jpg

I wouldn't even mind paying that if I knew what I was getting, but I don't see a brand anywhere in there.

I got it for cheaper directly from Twin Air and in doing so I know what the hell I'm actually getting.

This is the same filter that fits the 2 strokes from 93 on up at least and the 4 strokes from '04 to '07, not sure beyond that.

Thirteen dollars for shipping?! I bought my filter from my dealer for $22 out the door. I've noticed that sometimes when buying merchandise online, the items cost less but with the "shipping and handling" charges, you end up paying more.

priapism, no disrespect ok.... but, first you had no idea where to get an air filter- whatsoever and were quite frustrated- as I took it. So I referred you to a place that you could absolutely positively buy one for sure- problem solved. That business is renowned for being very supportive to husqvarna riders and making and providing aftermarket parts that normally wouldn’t exist or be known to be available. Then more people give you basic info to numerous solutions, but you probably had to do some homework verifying part numbers or whatever. Now you sound like you are criticizing what could have been the solution in the first place… now that you found a place where you believe you are saving some money. Maybe you are, but you didn’t need to go about it the way you did…

I don't mean to cause debate or critecize you, I understand we all are trying to save our money constantly and I myself research prices alot- however I also support my local economy and certain businesses that have earned my business and respect. I am new to Husky and quickly became aware of helpfull businesses that privided parts when Husky had a stigma of being a bike where parts were dificult to get. If you honestly concider what I am talking about and still disagree- I really regret initially trying to help you find the part that you could not find.

Please read this post reguarding Husky companies that provide more than just the parts.... HERE>

priapism, no disrespect ok.... but, first you had no idea where to get an air filter- whatsoever and were quite frustrated- as I took it. So I referred you to a place that you could absolutely positively buy one for sure- problem solved.

No. I know you don't buy random no-name parts online and I don't see why you should expect me to. Thank you for the suggestion. Look, I spent 4 figures rebuilding a motor at Uptite last year and I'm going to protect my investment with good oil & filters, I'm not putting no-name stuff in there.

I have absolutely zero idea why you're getting so dramatic over all this, but I'd like to ask again for this thread to be deleted because there's no reason for so much drama over something as simple as finding an OEM part.

Thanks to all for the other suggestions.