Sign in to follow this  

Canadian 09 decomp recall

Was just at the local dealer. Canadian serial numbers between 001 and 403 are affected and need the warranty kit installed. I'm waiting on parts, so is my buddy who has 2. If your bike doesn't have a punch mark on the frame at the start of the SN#, better call your dealer. Good news is, the warranty is in stock in Vancouver and can be had in days.

I never got a letter or anything, I just thought I should check. Good thing I did.

What do you need a decompressor for anyway? Kick it like a real man! Decompressors are for flat billers with Metal Mulisha graphics and anodized oil fill plugs. :)

I remember when my timing was off one time and the decompressor wasn't working properly. I had to kick that thing so hard I thought the kickstarter was going to snap in half.

Which dealership are you dealing with? According to mine there still hasn't been an official statement. And the part was listed but not available for sale.

Alsport Sales in Regina. The bulletin was just posted in Canada a couple days ago. They hadn't seen it until I asked about it. I printed off the US one and showed it to them, they went the extra mile from there.