Sign in to follow this  

KX500 Window Mod.

Well, just a few mods going into the KX5 over the next few weeks..

I did some mild porting of the cylinder, and cleaned up all the casting flaws in the ports.

Bought a "Window Mod" standard Wiseco piston.

V Force 2 reeds, they are highly recommended by some very knowledgeable KX5 gurus.

Re-plating the cylinder, at Millenium as we speak.

KIPS bolt mod...

Re-jetting...

I am dying to feel the results! Here are a couple pics. The "Window Mod" piston on the left, stock on the right. This pic is looking from the intake side of the piston.

100_8930.jpg

100_8931.jpg

Well, just a few mods going into the KX5 over the next few weeks..

I did some mild porting of the cylinder, and cleaned up all the casting flaws in the ports.

Bought a "Window Mod" standard Wiseco piston.

V Force 2 reeds, they are highly recommended by some very knowledgeable KX5 gurus.

Re-plating the cylinder, at Millenium as we speak.

KIPS bolt mod...

Re-jetting...

I am dying to feel the results! Here are a couple pics. The "Window Mod" piston on the left, stock on the right. This pic is looking from the intake side of the piston.

100_8930.jpg

100_8931.jpg

What does the window mod do exactly? can you buy this from wiseco? Also what is the KIPS bolt mod? Thanks I have a 04 500 as well

With the piston in the upstroke, the window mod allows better flow of incoming A/F into the case.

The KIPS bolt mod prevents over-rotation of the drums at idle'low RPM.

The result of the KIPS bolt pushes on the governor rod a few mm's to let the drums open the ports just a bit sooner. The result... A much stronger bottom to mid power rush.

With the piston in the upstroke, the window mod allows better flow of incoming A/F into the case.

The KIPS bolt mod prevents over-rotation of the drums at idle'low RPM.

The result of the KIPS bolt pushes on the governor rod a few mm's to let the drums open the ports just a bit sooner. The result... A much stronger bottom to mid power rush.

How do you do the KIPS mod?

hey martinfan lemme know who or where to get the kips mod from ...im gonna have to run that in mine..thinking about gearing my rear from a 48 rear to a 50 and this kips mod may help low end issues...im also putting in a new top end this weekend ...yay!!! keep me posted man....

Did you get the piston from stewart over at the kx site?If so ,how much?

hey martinfan lemme know who or where to get the kips mod from ...im gonna have to run that in mine..thinking about gearing my rear from a 48 rear to a 50 and this kips mod may help low end issues...im also putting in a new top end this weekend ...yay!!! keep me posted man....

Check kxriders.com. PM "stewart"

Did you get the piston from stewart over at the kx site?If so ,how much?

Yep.

225 shipped.

How do you do the KIPS mod?

It's just a bolt that replaces the stock plug on the end of the governor rod hole. On the lower left side of the head. Its a couple MM's longer, so it just pushes the drums open a hair sooner...

See kxriders.com