Sign in to follow this  

Supercross 5 min with 199

i am so exicted for this weekend, im glad hes actually prepared for this race, i think it was like 3 years ago he came to Southwick and he literally finished last it was hard to watch.

I can't wait to see him race this weekend. I hope he manages to finish the race without getting hurt. This weekend is going to be sweet.

We ran into you a few weeks back down at Chad Reed’s place in Florida preparing for this weekend. And in the press release we received yesterday from Feld Motor Sports, it said, “Over the past two months Pastrana buckled down and committed to an intense training regimen in preparation for this weekend’s race.” Is that true?

It’s very true! [Laughs] Like, I’ve been training for two weeks before I got to Chad’s, and I’ve been putting in a lot of time with my trainer and doing a lot of swimming, because that’s the only thing I don’t seem to break myself doing

LMAO:lol: :):banghead:

Dude travis is the best, the guy always keeps it real:thumbsup:

Yep he is one of a kind. :)

Hope he does well...

LMAO:lol: :banghead: :banghead:

Dude travis is the best, the guy always keeps it real:thumbsup:

No kidding...I don't think he realizes how big he is. :)

i thought he designed the st. louis course. isn't that a conflict to race the track you designed?

Maybe but who cares. It should be good. :)

Last year they let guys in the championship design the SX tracks; Windham, Reed, Ferry can't remember who else...

I wish this race was going to be live, it sounds like it will be one to remember:worthy:

199 is the man.... he can do everything from supercross, motocross, erzburg (spelling?) I watched a video of him in the erzburg event and that was some of the TOUGHEST terrain i have ever seen and TP made it look easy, even finished in the top 5. Travis is the man....

His attitude makes me crack a grin whenever he does anything. Can't wait to see him race.

he's definitely psycho.....too bad he's pummelled his body to the point of no return.

that dude is one cool cat. to bad he couldn't stay focused back in the day. i think he would have battled RC. cant wait for this one

You know we will see flashes of his greatness. Hope he doesn't get hurt. Thanks TP for going to ST. Louis.:):banghead:

Just finished reading his interveiw, how can you not like this guy. Again, good luck TP.:)

Just finished reading his interveiw, how can you not like this guy. Again, good luck TP.:)

You have no idea. (Or maybe you do) I have to share this TP story. Back in 2003 I went to the Pontiac SX with my wife, a friend and his GF. So I had gone the year before and didn't reserve a hotel room as I went on a whim, but had no trouble finding a room. Well, 03 would not be the same as I had no luck finding a room anywhere. So we are driving around in the rental car when my buddy spots the Team Suzuki hauler in the back lot of a hotel, so we wheel in to get a closer look. Outside of the truck is Alley Semar, working on K-Dubs bike, and TP's bike is outside leaning against the side of the truck. I stop and ask if we can take some pics with it, he says sure. So we take several photos of us sitting on TP's race bike, talk a little with Alley (whon was real cool as well) and then go to leave. As I am waiting to pull out into traffic, my wife says the sign now reads vacancy, so I back up and run inside. Now mind you, I am wearing a Honda Racing hat. So I ask the chick behind the counter if they have rooms, and she hangs up the phone and says, "Yes, I was just calling other hotels to tell them we had some cancellations." She asks how many rooms I need, I tell her 2. She asks if I am in town for the race, I say yes, and she says, "Great I have 2 together with the other riders." I pay for the rooms and go get the others and find our rooms. We unpack and hang out drinking outside. I see a bunch of team members under and around us. Later I see Robert Pastrana come up the stairs and go past our room. I run out and watch him enter a room 2 doors away, so the next time he goes by I say hi. He stops and talks to us and takes several photos with us. Later I go by his room on the way back from getting ice and he is standing in the doorway. He stops me and is talking to me for several minutes. Whiloe we are talking I hear someone coming from behind me and I see his eyes divert, and he smiles. I go to move, and he says, "Oh here's Travis now. Hey Travis meet my new friend John." I turn and see TP standing behind me with his gear bag. We talk for a couple of seconds and Robert says, "These guys are from NY and they are big fans of yours and they are 2 rooms down." I tell Travis my wife is a huge fan and would die if she met him. He goes in the room, puts his gear bag down and says, "Well, let's go meet her. " So, I walk into the room with TP in tow and floor everyone. TP hangs out in the room for probably 10-15 minutes and then says he's sorry but he has to get to bed as it was getting late. This was thursday night. Friday I see Robert and we talk for a few minutes, and he tells me how practice went. He asks if we are going into the pits for the race, and I tell him yes. He says to be sure and stop by. So at the race I buy a TP199 hat, and go over to the hauler and find Robert. Now there is a line a mile long for his autograph session. I talk to Robert and tell him I want Travis to sign the hat. He tells me to come back at a certain time and he will get it for me. I come back at the time and he brings me into the hauler. I talk to Travis about practice and then he signs my hat with a personalized message to my wife. Needless to say, both Robert and Travis are some of the coolest guys I have ever met in the industry.

You have no idea. (Or maybe you do) I have to share this TP story. Back in 2003 I went to the Pontiac SX with my wife, a friend and his GF. So I had gone the year before and didn't reserve a hotel room as I went on a whim, but had no trouble finding a room. Well, 03 would not be the same as I had no luck finding a room anywhere. So we are driving around in the rental car when my buddy spots the Team Suzuki hauler in the back lot of a hotel, so we wheel in to get a closer look. Outside of the truck is Alley Semar, working on K-Dubs bike, and TP's bike is outside leaning against the side of the truck. I stop and ask if we can take some pics with it, he says sure. So we take several photos of us sitting on TP's race bike, talk a little with Alley (whon was real cool as well) and then go to leave. As I am waiting to pull out into traffic, my wife says the sign now reads vacancy, so I back up and run inside. Now mind you, I am wearing a Honda Racing hat. So I ask the chick behind the counter if they have rooms, and she hangs up the phone and says, "Yes, I was just calling other hotels to tell them we had some cancellations." She asks how many rooms I need, I tell her 2. She asks if I am in town for the race, I say yes, and she says, "Great I have 2 together with the other riders." I pay for the rooms and go get the others and find our rooms. We unpack and hang out drinking outside. I see a bunch of team members under and around us. Later I see Robert Pastrana come up the stairs and go past our room. I run out and watch him enter a room 2 doors away, so the next time he goes by I say hi. He stops and talks to us and takes several photos with us. Later I go by his room on the way back from getting ice and he is standing in the doorway. He stops me and is talking to me for several minutes. Whiloe we are talking I hear someone coming from behind me and I see his eyes divert, and he smiles. I go to move, and he says, "Oh here's Travis now. Hey Travis meet my new friend John." I turn and see TP standing behind me with his gear bag. We talk for a couple of seconds and Robert says, "These guys are from NY and they are big fans of yours and they are 2 rooms down." I tell Travis my wife is a huge fan and would die if she met him. He goes in the room, puts his gear bag down and says, "Well, let's go meet her. " So, I walk into the room with TP in tow and floor everyone. TP hangs out in the room for probably 10-15 minutes and then says he's sorry but he has to get to bed as it was getting late. This was thursday night. Friday I see Robert and we talk for a few minutes, and he tells me how practice went. He asks if we are going into the pits for the race, and I tell him yes. He says to be sure and stop by. So at the race I buy a TP199 hat, and go over to the hauler and find Robert. Now there is a line a mile long for his autograph session. I talk to Robert and tell him I want Travis to sign the hat. He tells me to come back at a certain time and he will get it for me. I come back at the time and he brings me into the hauler. I talk to Travis about practice and then he signs my hat with a personalized message to my wife. Needless to say, both Robert and Travis are some of the coolest guys I have ever met in the industry.

very nice story, im jealous :)

real cool, i wish i had been in that situation. Thats why TP is my fav rider, one of the best and ego doesnt shoot everyone down because of who he is...

Travis is really cool to his fans, i also have a small story, back in 2000 when Travis was first on the scene and killin it on the 125, it was the friday before the southwick nationals, so me and my dad go to pick up a pizza down the street from my house we walk in and theres Travis his dad and mom sitting down for dinner(i live about 20 mins from southwick so alot teams stay in my town)! So me and my dad go over and we talked to them for about 10 minutes and they where so cool about it, and i was only 8 or 9 and the time so this was like the highlight of my life.

I think anyone who has ever met TP has a great story about him. That is what has seperated him from any other rider, and maybe that he can ride the wheels off anything!!!! He treats you like he has known you forever. Great luck Travis. Wish I had tickets to St Louie.