Sign in to follow this  

250SX-F Comp/Reb where to start?

I just bought a 2007 250SX-F. I weigh 205 lbs. without gear so I bought a 80-250 spring for the shock. I have not bought fork springs yet but I think I need .48s. My question is where is a good stating point for the compression and rebound on both the front and rear? I have them both centered right now...

Thanks,

Mike

First anyone has told me that I need those springs! Its an 07 with the new frame and different leverage for the rear shock. I do have to book and just like every other MX bike I've ever had the stock springs and settings are for someone who weighs about 165... I'm looking for advice from someone who is about my size and has the bike setup.

Thanks,

Mike

I have same weight for one of my family members bikes, 07 250 XCFw, same newer leverage ratio on rear. Just what I have learned, been doing KTMs a long time. Why do you think you need 48 in the front? Those would be for someone in the 240 range? If that is so then why do you need such a lite rear spring. Maybe go over the info you have already received.

I thought the 07 SX is the only 07 with the new leverage ratio. The others didn't get it until 08. Am I wrong? From what I have read the .44s that come with the bike are way undersprung. Not certain about anything...

Mike