Sign in to follow this  

Intake/Exhaust/Fuel Prog impact on city riding?

There are countless threads describing the output numbers of the typical mods, but I haven't seen a lot of discussion about the ridability impacts on the street regardless of "R" or "X" configuration. What is the ridability impact on streets/canyons/commutes? Is the bike significantly more capable in roll-on acceleration at higher speeds (60mph+) or is the impact relatively minimal at higher speeds while providing greater snap out of corners? This bike is amazing when it comes to handling and braking, but since 95% of my riding is commuting to my office 25 miles away with a variety of road types (Interstate, Parkway, narrow residential city streets, and wide downtown "One Way" thoroughfares) the low power presents challenges relative to cagers that sometimes is downright scary. I'm wondering if the standard mods (~$800) do just enough for the performance to make it livable long-term or if I'll have to get another street bike next year to survive my warm-weather commuting.

Typical mods on my X gave it more usable torque down low for city street commuting. The impact is minimal at freeway speeds in fifth and sixth gears.