Sign in to follow this  

Help with 91 cr250

hey guys i just picked up a 91 cr250 for a really good price. the engine was completely redone last year and only has been ridden a couple times. The only i have found wrong so far is the header pipe has a very small leak in it.i was hoping if i cold get some advice from you guys. is there anything i should look for on this bike, any recalls for that year, anything i should tune or adjust. ive been a wheeler guy growing up playing with big 4 strokes. this is my first two stroke. its mostly gonna be for trails and power lines. i ride for fun nothing real serious. im open to any suggestions. thanks

A very small leak is nothing. You can replace the o-ring for a couple of bucks. The flange sometimes wears out, those can be replaced for a few more dollars. If it's just a small leak I wouldn't worry about it. I would define a small leak as a build-up of spooge on the cylinder after a long day of riding. Any audible leakage or smoke pouring out from the connection would be considered a major leak.

Enjoy your 91 CR250!!! I had one for nearly 6 years and enjoyed every minute! IMHO, I felt that 91 motor was just about perfect... an extremely smooth, wide powerband!