Sign in to follow this  

I need help

Im a 12 year old kid

i love motocross i want to learn how to jump and ride wheelies but i have a little fear

i have a ttr 125, and before i get a 250 i want to know how to ride

someone help

s.o.s

• Like 1

unfortunatly, there isnt a magic secret i can tell you to make you be able to do these things. it all just takes time, from starting small and working your way up. you have a good bike to start on, its not going to be good for motocross though, its alright for now since you will be learning how to do this stuff

Just ride as much as you can, in as many new places as you can. Once you master that bike step it up to a bigger bike, preferably a motox bike if you want to race.

hey, go riding as often as you can, hit as much kinds of different terrain as you can. Helps to find a good riding buddy who can teach you techniques, show you stuff--dont' be afraid to ask folks, I've always found people to be really helpful. You'll ride the wheels off that ttr, don't get discouraged because the suspension is crap for going with any speed...when you get the chance to move up take it.

a ttr 125 to a 250... That is not a good idea, especially not for a 12 yr old. Get a 125 champ. Thats a fun bike that will give you lots of good times, experience, and lessons. And its rediculasly more powerful then that ol ttr. You might hurt yourself on a 2 fiddy...

save up some dough and get the Shane Watts Dirtwise video and practice his drills. master everything slow then work you speed up and dont ride over your head.

a 2 stroke 125 is taller etc than a ttr125, but it's a two-stroke.

how beefy/tall are you? if you want to stay with a 4-stroke you could try an xr200, I transitioned to that from a ttr125L with no problem, meaning the advantages of better suspension and taller-ness/big wheels made the extra weight no big deal to get used to. or a 230.

You're big enough for a 230 (TTR, CRF, etc.) but would be happier on a 125 as they're lighter. Not the same riding style as what you're used to, but definitely a better bike for what you describe than what you have now.

-T

im 5'5 and 170 pounds

that's plenty big enough for a 250 when you're ready for it:thumbsup:

at your size and weight, the best bike to learn on is a 125 2-stroke.. hands down. 250s are pretty powerful for a 12 year old without alot of riding experience.

riding that 125 will help you develop and hone your skills that you will be able to carry on to any other bike, and that bike will be easier to handle..

YZ125 will serve you for a few years. You are too big to jump your ttr, you will squish it. Don't get a larger TTR - 125L, 225 or 230. The CFR230 would be fine for a year, but if you are 170 5'5 at 12 you will outgrow it soon.

Maybe you could race a harescrambles or two on your TTR to gain experience and learn from others.

It will take you a while to get used to the 2 stroke, but you will be a better rider.

Most importantly, buy some good safety gear.