Sign in to follow this  

03 RM125 running like crap?HELP!!!

my 03 rm125 has a bog and it keeps running rich,also leeks gas from carb hoses.im running a BR6ES plug and the clip is all the way up on the needle jet.it had bigger jets for a pipe but no longer have a pipe so i bought an OEM stock carb rebuld kit and its still running bad.where i live temps are 50-70 degrees this time of year.please help me out.

ya i tried an 8 and 9 and the bike just loads upwithin 10 seconds of running

You need to fix the floats, get a new needle valve and set the float height and go from there.

first of all your runnin to cold of a plug it should be a br8es or R6918B-8, and with you running your clip all the way up on the needle witch would make the bike incredably lean but i do not know what jets you have in the bike. as far as your fuel leaking out your carb hose that would be your needle valve there is a spec on that gap, you have it wide open now and is just letting fuel in and then derectly out. That needs to be set properly.

that link did not tell me what jets you have i need to know the numbers on the jets themselves. its hard to tell without jet specs. what does your plug look like?? soaking wet and smell like fuel? white? sooty? and were is the bike running like crap low mid high or is it all over the throttle range? what oil mixture are you running, what octane of fuel?

ok ill right down the jetnumbers later today when i pull the carb and ill let you know and the bog is pretty much jus in low end but if you dont keep it in the power band it will load up.im using middle grade gas and penzoil out door 2 cycle oil like i always do

i put a 32.5 pilot jet in there and a 460 manin jet and a BR8EG plug in there and its a tiny tiny bit rich.i also moved the needle clip in the middle