Sign in to follow this  

Is my jumping position correct?

Today I went to my usual riding area with my buddy and no one was there, so I decided to try the jump while I had the chance to do so without impeding anyone.

I started off on the small ramp in the pictures by going off the side off it and gradually went of the higher portion of it. Though I didn't go off the whole height of it, I felt quite the rush.

I was just wondering if it looks like I'm in the right position when going off the ramp. I understand that the photos can't describe the whole situation but, just as sort of a reference, does it look alright? I do squeeze with my legs a little, but not really hard.

I've also read and seen people positioning their heads above their number plate, is this appropriate for even this size jump?

P3080074.jpg

P3080076.jpg

P3080077.jpg

P3080079.jpg

Thanks for any help!:)

I would say you need your head and body forward enough to read your front plate, elbows up. Looks like you are being pulled around. You want the bike to push you up the face or will have problems.

Look at some pix in this forum of some good riders jumping and you will get the idea. Fun on even a small jump!

286042634_RXaa4-M.jpg

jkiss.jpg

j4.jpg

Here's an extremely steep jump face, you have to be up on the front of the bike.

DSC03462.jpg

Here's the downside , it's extremely steep also. This is excellent technical training for any rider.

DSC03460.jpg

Only time will let you get used to riding loose and riding confident, don't rush it. And don't jump anything your not 100% sure you can nail it "no matter what your buddies tell you!!!"

The harder you're accelerating, the further forward you should be. Let the pegs push you – you’re not supposed to be pulled by the bars at all.

A lot of people will tell you many different things, because that is how they learned, but personally I believe that there is no "wrong" position of the body when jumping. (And, yes there are wrong positions, but you know what I mean) Anyways, I think it looks good, and I would say that if I feels comfortable, and you're landing correctly, then you're fine the way that your body is positioned.