Sign in to follow this  

KDX Water jacket plug

I recently had my cylinder re-plated and honed and in the process of putting it all back together I came to realize I cannot find the water jacket plug that goes in the bottom of the cylinder under the exhaust port. I searched over my Kawasaki parts fiches and the plug is no where to be found. If anyone has a junk 95+ 200/220 cylinder laying around and has a plug in good shape that the allen head isn't all rounded out and can help me out I would be really appreciative. Thanks

If you can't find one here, try to figure out what size and length the bolt was and go to the Lowes (or whatever you have like that in your area) and you can get one for less than a buck.:)

its not really a bolt, but a threaded plug looks to be about 16mm in diameter, 1.25 pitch, maybe 12mm tall, sits flush and has a recessed allen type head. There's no room for a bolt with a head as when the cylinder is installed the crank case halves are almost touching the plug.

Yeah, Lowes has some allen head set screws like that. I don't know if the threads will match, but it could be worth a shot...

J.

its a dam pipe thread plug, again go to lowes or home depot with the cylinder in hand

Call Jeff Fredette at FRP Offroad to see if he has one.

And we have found the plug without a part number!