Sign in to follow this  

Jet Kit Parts List

Hey all, I think the ethanol they have been adding to the gas in Maine has messed up my carb. It started at the end of last season. It would start up with the choke on, but just touch the throttle and it would die. After a while of playing with the throttle, it seemed to come out of it and I rode it around for a while. Added Sta-Bil to new gas and put it away for the winter. I started it a while back and same thing. Anyway, I was bored and took the CV carb out to clean it. It was such a pain I figured I should probably do the jet kit. Can someone point me to a list of parts to order? It's the JD Kit right? Am I supposed to order a different needle? I remember something about a slide spring, but that may have been for the FCR?

KLX400SR, all original, no 3x3 mod and don't plan to do it. I am at sea level, roughly.

Thanks in advance, Mike -:)

Just get the JD kit and the extended fuel screw. Call the TT store. They'll hook you up.

I thought I remember there were two needles, kintech and something else. One I believe was preferred over the other? I could be wrong, it's been a while since I read any of that.

Thanks, Mike -

the jd kit comes with 2 needles(red and blue) the kintech extend fuel screw is for adjusting your fuel screw without a small screw driver.it makes adjusting the fuelscrew way easier

Ok, now I'm confused. Do I want the JD kit or the DJ kit? I found a FAQ for the DynoJet Kit that comes with the slide spring, but it said the jetting was for the 3x3 mod. What jets would I need for sea level and NO 3x3 mod, and stock exhaust. I have the Mikuni CV Carb on a Stock KLX400SR (DRZ400S). Thanks, Mike -

the JD kit is the better one because of the 2 needle jets you get with,the 25 pilot jet and the allen head float bowl screws.the DJ kit only comes with one needle and no float bowl screws or extra pilot jet.they both come with main jets.

get the JD kit

the JD kit is the better one because of the 2 needle jets you get with,the 25 pilot jet and the allen head float bowl screws.the DJ kit only comes with one needle and no float bowl screws or extra pilot jet.they both come with main jets.

get the JD kit

Thanks Mickeydee, what about the slide spring I've read about. The DynoJet Kit comes with a softer slide spring. Thought that was important. Also, I don't want to cut my air box (3x3). I just want to get rid of that 30 mph surge and make the bike run "like it should".

Thanks for the advise, Mike -