3 suspension questions in one

First, I bought a new all balls seal head for my showa shock and it is set-up like a kayaba with no place for the top out spring. Did they send me the wrong one or is that their set-up? If so, is it safe to use?

Second, when I replaced my cartrige seal I saw a spring inside the cartrige. Is this a top out spring for the forks or what is it for?

Third, I noticed a bushing under the cartrige seal. Is it replaceable?

First, I bought a new all balls seal head for my showa shock and it is set-up like a kayaba with no place for the top out spring. Did they send me the wrong one or is that their set-up? If so, is it safe to use?

All Balls seal heads come with no topout spring (Showa, WP). You can use it, although i prefer having it.

Second, when I replaced my cartrige seal I saw a spring inside the cartrige. Is this a top out spring for the forks or what is it for?

yes, it's the topout for the rod.

With OC forks it's attached right below the rebound holder, with TC/CC forks it's located at the end of the cartridge.

Third, I noticed a bushing under the cartrige seal. Is it replaceable?

yes

When I called fc to order the cartrige seal, I asked if there was a bushing under the seal and they told me no.

sorry, i might have given you a misleading answer.

At the cartridge seal (the blue one) there's no bushing, just a metal 'washer'

at the floating psiton seal, there's a bushing.

well, the rod had alot of side to side play in it. I replaced the seal and the piston ring and it tightened up alot, but there is still some play in it. So, I was trying to find out if there is a bushing in the assembly that houses the seal that will help with this. I also noticed that there is about a 4 inch long spot at the top of the rod where the coating was worn off. Im thinking the fork has been in a bind for sometime.

heck, when i searched my drawers for some parts i found bushings from FC, part # SMSB 1210

ID = 12mm, Length = 10mm

i'd say this is the bushing you'd need.

But you can give FC a call to make sure

Maybe they thought I was talking about the floating piston sence I ordered seals for that too. What gets me is, when I called, the guy that awnsered the phone kept having to go ask someone else to get an awnser to every question I asked. So either the guy didn't know anything about suspension and was only there to sell there jewlry or they don't allow him to do anything without asking.? I will have to call again. Maybe I will get someone else.