what rear wheel will fit?

my son has a crf250 i have a 450. his rear wheel is tweaked. i do the necesary spoke maint etc but he rode it like a dumb ace with a flat rear. ive been on ebay looking for a rear wheel and have found some deals but they are for a 03 cr250, and an 04 or 05 450. i have checked part numbers and some match and some dont. i know as a former parts guy honda will sell the same piece for a different model with a different part num, so i'm confused. i cant cross referance at motosport.com. any thoughts as to what i could use other than a wheel specifically for a 04 crf250r? something else must fit.

Anything from an 02-08 CR125 CR250 CRF250 or CRF450 will work. The Only difference between the CR125/CRF250 rim is 1.85 wide and the CR250/CRF450 is 2.15 wide but both will work. I have also been told that 2000-2001 CR125/250 will work also but you will need to use the rear brake rotor and bolts off a 2000-2001

i love this site yous guys rule. thanx.but one question. will the wheels listed mount as is? spacers, etc? i'm not worried about width so long as it will clear everything inside the swingarm. it might make it a bit more stable for him with the wider tire/wheel. thanx for the suggestions..

02 and newer the spacers are all the same. I believe 01 and older Hondas had smaller diameter axles.

no that is not correct. Please dont post your assumptions. only post known facts. makes the board more accurate and credible.

00-09 use the same size axle front and rear. Read the link to the post that I did earlier.