Sign in to follow this  

Fantic maintance

I have been working with a Fantic Section 250 for a little while now. It sat for a long time and is coming back to life. But I have a few questions sence it didn't come with and service manuals and I can't find anything online.

Transmission and clutch, what kind of fluid should go in there and how much?

Is it like a Mercruiser and one sump of oil does everything or is like OMC and has seperate oil in a bunch of compartments? I see a sight glass on the left side and a marked vent on the left as well. But it looks like there are a few other vents around the engine as well. Or maybe I am just nuts?

I am sure there are other questions for later.

Thanks.

I didn't find anything specific about your question with the limited time I had to look, but I found a couple forums that might have a lead for you and in one of them, the email addresses of the people are shown, so maybe you can send a few private messages and see if anyone has your answers... good luck!

http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/fantic.htm

well if the vents have nipples put hoses on them and run them high,as far as the tranny ,the usual type f auto tranny fluid or if you like the color blue you can use gm auto trak,also on my 280 pro at 350 cc's the sight glass shows a little lower than middle with the recomended level of 500 or 550 it covers the whole sight glass,that said ,a reliable local dealer told me that some of the pros run 1/2 sight glass to save weight?about 350cc either way the moving parts are fully bathed in luscious slimey stuff.p.s. if you luckily find parts buy em up!!!!!!!!!!