Sign in to follow this  

HT Racing power header on 08 250XCF-W?

Anybody running this header with the stock muffler? I'm looking to boost the low end on my 250 a bit and have heard good things about HT but not read anything about this pipe.

Aax,

No responses?

You can contact Bill at HT direct if there are no answers. He does help with jetting and performance questions. I used his pipe and powervane on the old 450 and his products worked just like he said they would. I haven't seen any complaints with his pipe or powervane, very good quality.

I've run one on a 08 250 XCF.

Being a little smaller in diameter it adds back pressure and increases the low end a little.

For a comparison I have a test course which has a slow speed approach slightly off camber climb.

With the stocker the bike would just maintain speed in 3rd. After the HT header it would accelerate on the climb in 3rd.

You should also consider adding the XCF/SX CDI. (they are the same). The W is a softer timing curve.

For real excitement I recently added the HT racing 320 big bore kit. Its a mind blower in the light weight 250F frame.

Yes I read your 320 review.. I am seriously considering it!!

SXF cdi is a great mod. I ran the torque header from HT but took it off and went back to stock after installing the SXF cdi.

Only motor mods I have is that, and a Power Now in the rear of the carb. Jetted and AP linkage wired. I love it.

I've done the JD jet kit an AP mod. Swapping the CDI seems like a fairly low cost way to see if it gets me what I want.

SXF cdi is a great mod. I ran the torque header from HT but took it off and went back to stock after installing the SXF cdi.

Only motor mods I have is that, and a Power Now in the rear of the carb. Jetted and AP linkage wired. I love it.

Could well be wrong but i thought the 08 EXC-F/XCF-W had the CDI from the 06 SXF? If so, would there be much of a difference btween the 08 and 06 SXF CDI?

08 XCF has the SXF cdi. XCFW doesn't. I believe the EXCF you guys get has the dual ignition like the bigger bikes.

I tried an 08 XCF ignition and couldn't tell the difference between that and the 07 SXF.

08 XCF has the SXF cdi. XCFW doesn't. I believe the EXCF you guys get has the dual ignition like the bigger bikes.

I tried an 08 XCF ignition and couldn't tell the difference between that and the 07 SXF.

Thanks for putting me straight. By dual ignition do you mean having the option to disconnect a wire for the soft ignition curve? Despite the manual suggesting this is an option the bikes we get seem to hard wired to performance

Thanks for putting me straight. By dual ignition do you mean having the option to disconnect a wire for the soft ignition curve? Despite the manual suggesting this is an option the bikes we get seem to hard wired to performance

Yes. The manual states the EXCF gets the dual ignition with wire you can change.

So what i want is the 08 SXF CDI correct?