Sign in to follow this  

New To Az Need Help Finding Places To Ride

Hey there fellow tt'rs i just moved to Apache junction az and need some help finding some good spots to ride in the desert, i have already checked out ET mx and it is the shiznizle coming from las vegas were there are no tracks that stay open for more than 1 month at a time but i also like to do some desert rides also to say on the $ when i can a live off tomahawk and southern and i see all kinds of open desert around here but i dont now if you can ride it legally so any help would be great also do u need a permit to ride.

whats the riding like

Lots of single track there, hard pack, sand washes. It really is in your back yard. You will need to get a RV plate and off-road sticker to ride there.

Lots of single track there, hard pack, sand washes. It really is in your back yard. You will need to get a RV plate and off-road sticker to ride there.

:)

ok were can i get the plate/sticker at. any were else that you guys no of

Syc Creek is where it is at. Plate and sticker from DMV.

so is that place lame, im not really into long flat snad washes :) just gets boring

There are some cool areas out there but for the most part it is high speed dirt roads. There is no true single track that I am aware of. There are a couple of tracks out there and some sweet jumps.

DSCN5116.jpg

DSCN5106.jpg

There are some cool areas out there but for the most part it is high speed dirt roads. There is no true single track that I am aware of. There are a couple of tracks out there and some sweet jumps.

DSCN5116.jpg

DSCN5106.jpg

ya thats what im talkin about i want to find so good local stuff that has some hits, that is free so when im straped for cash i can go there

DSCN5116.jpg

DSCN5106.jpg

Those are cool pics of Alec:thumbsup:

ya thats what im talkin about i want to find so good local stuff that has some hits, that is free so when im straped for cash i can go there

Ive ridden out there quite abit and could show you most of the best spots like that out there. Right now there are alot of cattle out there, so the bike needs to be pressure washed when your done riding because of the smell. There is a decent mix of sand, rocks, whoops, some trails-but not true ST, and it doesnt have any hills to climb.

Be glad to show you whats out there. It is a big area and I usually ride around 50-60 miles every time I go out there, sometimes more. Alot of the jumps are in tough shape.

My brother and I went out to desert wells today and I wasnt all that impressed. seem like we covererd everything pretty quick. We talked to a couple of guys out there that were friendly though and gave us some advice on some trails further out but we didnt really persue them since we were thinking about calling it quits anyhow. Lots of qwad terds with no gear, lots of people that don't know what your doing when you hold you finger up to let them know how many people are behind you. one guy thought I was just saying hi and as soon a he passed me he got on it and almost colided w/ my brother. another guy flipped me off.

I ride the DW area alot it is in my backyard also. There is some pretty good trails out there I have made a few that are off the regular beaten path that do make the area alot more enjoyable. If you ever want to head out let me know. I wish you could still get the pop off that little dirt hit that exmlb posted I was out ther a few weekends ago and it was in pretty bad shape.

My brother and I went out to desert wells today and I wasnt all that impressed. seem like we covererd everything pretty quick. We talked to a couple of guys out there that were friendly though and gave us some advice on some trails further out but we didnt really persue them since we were thinking about calling it quits anyhow. Lots of qwad terds with no gear, lots of people that don't know what your doing when you hold you finger up to let them know how many people are behind you. one guy thought I was just saying hi and as soon a he passed me he got on it and almost colided w/ my brother. another guy flipped me off.

what a bunch of idiots they need to lern the rules of the trail they are not that hard. but if you cant even wear a helmet than why would you want to learn some saftey of other riders

Be glad to show you whats out there. It is a big area and I usually ride around 50-60 miles every time I go out there, sometimes more. Alot of the jumps are in tough shape.

i think i have seen u driving down I-10 with that ramp on a trailer and ur bike in the pick-up.

oh and nice vid