Sign in to follow this  

'2008.5 RMZ 450...which Triple Clamp Set would you buy??

Hey guys...

Loving my new 2008.5 RMZ450 and I guess just have too much money burning a hole in my pocket...if it were only true.

Trying to decide on a set of Triple Clamps to replace the stock ones....what's everybody running in place of stock....Pro Taper is what I was thinking of!!

Any suggestions...Pro Taper, TAG, R3G...let me know what your running and what you like...Thanks...:)

my RM-Z turns so well that I wouldn't dare take a chance on screwing it up with somebody elses geometry.... bling is cool though... my first money was fork springs.. set of .49 really propped 'er up in front

Thanks HeyKenny....and couldn't agree more...it slices in turns no question. And I did do my forks and rear shock...springs and valves...I am 235lbs and 6'3"....needed to be done.

As you said...I am too a bit scared to change anything as well, but was hoping to gain more stiffness with a Pro Taper set....it appears they didn't change anything as far as geometry on the website...unless I am mistaken.

Good to hear you feel the same way...thanks for the input.

Anyone else out there riding on a different than stock Triple Clamp set?

Hey guys...

Loving my new 2008.5 RMZ450 and I guess just have too much money burning a hole in my pocket...if it were only true.

Trying to decide on a set of Triple Clamps to replace the stock ones....what's everybody running in place of stock....Pro Taper is what I was thinking of!!

Any suggestions...Pro Taper, TAG, R3G...let me know what your running and what you like...Thanks...:)

Well if you get two issues ago of TWMX they do a feature on rmz450. They said how can you make this bike the ultimate with unlimited budget.

They Sent bike to Yosh got level 3b performed...

Had rg3 changed triple clamp set to 20mm offset for even sharper steering as well added the lower linkage

Buy the mag its great.

really to sum it all up how the bike rides with allow you to go faster or slower so to me the controls really matter especially if you can take something so perfect already and make it better... Rg3 has done that.. Reason why factor is using them.

Even though i ride for Race tech I will be getting a hooked up with triples and linkage..only way to roll..

however if im not mistaken cant the protapers be moved +- in the offsets?